Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 112 (JOKE) *SPOILER*

• 10-04-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Anderson Silva VS Demian Maia

WHAT GOT INTO Anderson Silva :mad:

EVERY OTHER FIGHT VERY GOOD I THINK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Me speaka d english, fight bul****.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭RustyBeanTin

none of the last 3 were anything spectacular. and to think that i was really looking foward to seeing them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Total Pro Wrestling

Agreed Dave HEELS and FACES

Yeah so this is Pro Wrestling, apparently according to a number of tweets on twitter Dana THREW DOWN the Silva's title and left during the 4th round. I guess he is going to get the top babyface in the territory GSP to fight him.

Press conference should be epic.

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah so this is Pro Wrestling, apparently according to a number of tweets on twitter Dana THREW DOWN the Silva's title and left during the 4th round. I guess he is going to get the top babyface in the territory GSP to fight him.

Press conference should be epic.

Its vince and stone cold all over again, maybe silva will get some beers and knee dana white in the face.

• Advertisement

This actually quite serious as this was meant to be a showcase by Dana for the new Arab co-owners.

This actually quite serious as this was meant to be a showcase by Dana for the new Arab co-owners.

Maybe he will stun the arab co owner and stick the middle finger up to dana.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Agreed Dave HEELS and FACES

IMO Dana will turn out to have been the mastermind behind it all along and will turn out to be on Silva's side. He'll duck away from GSP till the end of the year when Shane McMahon will come in as the part owner and sign the fight. In fairmess no one has heard from Shane in ages and he's rumoured to like MMA.
    GSP w/ DW Vs GSP w/ Shane Mc Mahon.

Can so see it happening, just what MMA needs to be a bit more entertaining tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    IMO Dana will turn out to have been the mastermind behind it all along and will turn out to be on Silva's side. He'll duck away from GSP till the end of the year when Shane McMahon will come in as the part owner and sign the fight. In fairmess no one has heard from Shane in ages and he's rumoured to like MMA.
    GSP w/ DW Vs GSP w/ Shane Mc Mahon.

Can so see it happening, just what MMA needs to be a bit more entertaining tbh.

It'll come out that Dana was in on this yet, you're dead right. We'll just have to wait and see. Finally, a few characters in MMA

Be serious lads, we all know that this has more to do with Wrestling at the Chase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Brock had a Coors Light after his win over Frank Mir

Anderson Silva is definately gonna have a few of these this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

What the **** is up with Anderson Silva? He's either an idiot or a liar. He complains profusely after the fight about 'disrespect' after spending 20 minutes taunting and jeering someone in the cage. Then he does these massive over the top bows.

I think Chael Sonnen deserves his shot, he's one dimensional but hopefully he'll be able to do what Henderson did in 1 round for 5 and get a W. Win lose or draw, Silva has to get out of this division and fight someone else.

Basically, overall **** match making by UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I thought it was enetrtaining for the first minute then got stupid. As much as I love silva, I was shouting at the tv for Maia to hit him. Why the f**k didnt he hit him back :eek:

Was loving it when Maia was in bits the last round and giving it his all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

sonic.trip wrote: »
    I thought it was enetrtaining for the first minute then got stupid. As much as I love silva, I was shouting at the tv for Maia to hit him. Why the f**k didnt he hit him back :eek:

eh cause he couldnt? its not like he wasnt trying

TechnoPool wrote: »
    eh cause he couldnt? its not like he wasnt trying

Course he could of, he was standing and moving wasn't he?

Forest Griffin would of, you need to show a bit more heart to win a UFC title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Course he could of, he was standing and moving wasn't he?

Forest Griffin would of, you need to show a bit more heart to win a UFC title.

And lose on purpose?

And lose on purpose?

The way he was going about it he was going to lose anyway, he was not doing anything = not scoring points. If he even tried to hit him or do something then maybe he could of knocked silva out when he was in the middle of his antics instead of circling him for 3 minutes in the second round

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alanpartridge47

Silva said after the fight that Maia disrespected him!?!? I agree though that Maia didn't do much...he even admitted that himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

What's the best way to watch UFC events either online on on TV?

Want to watch the next event with Shogun and Lyoto.

jimmurt wrote: »

ESPN HD if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

ESPN HD if you can get it.

Sound. Where can yoou see highlights of the fights the other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

I'm surprised Silva didnt finish him. he was far and away the better striker andjust danced around him. Surely once he realised Maia wasnt a threat he should have just knocked the sh1t out of him.

I wish Sonnen or Marquardt(sp?) had got their shot cos i think they would have caused a lot more problems for silva

I think its a shame Maia got the shot by default. i thought he was behind Nate & Sonnen in the kine but anyway.

Maia was no challenge for him (striking wise) and Silva should have cleaned up. When I saw him dancing around i assumed he was just playing around a la the forrest fight but he kept doing it for the whole 5 rounds. 3 of his last 4 fights have been washouts. Is he still that big a draw.

Fair play to Frankie edgar. I had him winning and for once i was right. This really opens up the division. I think the next person to challenhge him willl fancy their chances more than they would have facing Penn(see maynard/florian/etc.) Does BJ want his belt back or will he move up for a while.

I can see Penn moving up to 170 after this and gsp fighting silva next. gsp vs silva would sell a load of buys and this seems like a good chance for bj to move up.
    Silva will get Sonnen or Belfort next(Marquardt is also here but he fought Silva before). I think both will cause him way bigger problems than Maia did.

First 2 fights were awesome btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maia just showed him too much respect. I am a fan of Maia but found his actions at the weigh in and just before the fight started to be as off putting as Silva's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jimmurt wrote: »

mmalinker.com

You need to reg (free and quick) but its l well worth it!

Lads, I havn't watched this yet (spoiled myself on wiki, gonna watch on mmalinker later) but my friend said one of the worst UFC's he ever watched. What the hell happened in this????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Maia just showed him too much respect. I am a fan of Maia but found his actions at the weigh in and just before the fight started to be as off putting as Silva's.

What did he do at the weigh-ins and before the fight that you thought were off-putting? Genuine question, because I seen the weigh-ins too and can't think of what you're referring too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a disgrace! I was shouting at Maia to grap a limb and break it (although I new the outcome before watching) but what an upset to the UFC at such a big venue.

Silva needs to fight someone at his own level (really should go LHW) and see if he dances round the octagon then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

heres what ed soares had 2 say, 6 mins of utter bull :mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjNrpGijEI

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ta2liam

am i the only 1 who thinks the ufc are over-reacting to the silva fight?? i know the fight was like watching the cote fight again only it went the distance but FFS when silva KOd forest everybody went on about how he is the best p4p fighter in the world a nd forgot about the cote fight. I'm a silva fan and have no problem with the fight, at the end of the day he still walked out the champion because mia hadnt got the balls to go toe to toe with him. How does mia think he can get the belt when he is scared of the man that has it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ta2liam wrote: »
    am i the only 1 who thinks the ufc are over-reacting to the silva fight?? i know the fight was like watching the cote fight again only it went the distance but FFS when silva KOd forest everybody went on about how he is the best p4p fighter in the world a nd forgot about the cote fight. I'm a silva fan and have no problem with the fight, at the end of the day he still walked out the champion because mia hadnt got the balls to go toe to toe with him. How does mia think he can get the belt when he is scared of the man that has it!
    If you didnt see much wrong with that fight I don't know what to say. What was stopping Silva engaging with Maia instead of dancing around like an idiot? Hell in the last round when Maia did go forward he still ran away! You're just showing nuthuggery of the highest order here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The UFC are reacting this way partly because they were in a new and possibly lucrative market in the middle east. The Silva fight sort of put a downer on the evening and that's not the way you'd expect a champion to act. IMO the Hughes-Gracie & Penn-Edgar fights were very poor too but Silva was on last so he gets most of the blame.
    The reason a lot of fans are reacting negatively to Silva is not because the fight went the distance, it's not because he walked out the champion, it's because he should have finished the fight, or at least looked like he was trying to finish it. Maia should have gone for it in the 3rd or 4th round, so he takes some of the blame too. What did he have to lose at that stage?

Silva is the best pound-for-pound at the moment.

An opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

The reason most people are giving out about Silva has nothing to do with the fact he didnt finish, or really didnt go for the finish. It was the lack of respect he showed maia, the ufc and its fans with the constant bull**** posing he was doing throughout.

I agree with you to an extent, I'm a big Silva fan, first minute or two of round 2 made me laugh and was entretaining. Maia hadnt the balls to even hit him for like 3 mins. However he should of came out in the 3rd and punished him and was a big let down for the rest of the fight for not finishing him.

Why he didnt is beyond me, maybe this disrespecting thing he wanted to try beat him up for the 5 rounds, who knows. however I've lost some respect for him. a true champion will never let it go to the judges if possible

Advertisement