Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn vs Manchester United, 11th Apr 2010, KO 13:30

• 10-04-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

b_22.png VS b_12.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my team

vds
    oshea---Rio----vidic----evra
    val
    fletch----scholes
    nani
    berba----Kiko

I feel bad not picking raf but oshea needs the games so for me he's a starter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Headshot wrote: »

:D I don't think he'll take it personally!

I dunno about the line-up - Wednesdays team was a surprise, but I predict a Berbagoal....

l_d88cb6108cf54144b0058aca584fc7c1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd like to see:
    VDS
    Josh
    Vidic----Rio
    Evra
    Valencia--Fletch--Gibson--Nani
    Berba--Kiko

Gibson will give that added goal threat that we will inevitably lack without Rooney in the team.

But, I think Fergie will see that as too open and I think he'll go with:
    VDS
    JOSH----Vidic--Rio--Evra
    Valencia--Fletch--Park--Gibson--Nani
    Berba/Kiko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

So have to win this. Put the pressure back on Chelsea. Come on Big Sam, roll over for us! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Come on Big Sam, roll over for us! :D

That sounds so wrong on so many levels. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Any points dropped and the league is most definitely gone. That's why I would like the following...

--- Raf - Rio - Vida - Evra

Fletcher

Val Diouf Berba Macheda Nani

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

I think saf will play giggs and scholes today but I would prefer nani to giggs, I would also like to see kiko with berba

vds

oshea rio vidic evra

scholes

valencia flecher park giggs

berba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

my team

vds
    oshea---Rio----vidic----evra
    val
    fletch----scholes
    nani
    berba----Kiko

I think Rafael will start today simply because SAF will want to give him a boost after midweek but i would expect O'shea to come on early second-half. I wonder if Hargreaves will make the bench or was he even in the squad for the game?

I really hope Kiko starts today along Berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I can't say I expect Kiko. I expect a team pretty similar to the team we put out against Bayern, with Gibson getting the nod again in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

VDS
    Neville--Rio
    Vidic--O'Shea
    Fletcher---Scholes
    -Nani
    Giggs
    Park
    Berbatov

• Advertisement

It wouldnt surprise me to see berba score today, the pressure is off, take a look at his top 10 goals, not one has been for manutd, he just cant handle the pressure of playing for us.Where is this berbatov, looking at the following video you wouldnt blame fergie for paying 30m for him

The no 1 rated goal is unreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt63U66NOaY

It wouldnt surprise me to see berba score today, the pressure is off, take a look at his top 10 goals, not one has been for manutd, he just cant handle the pressure of playing for us.Where is this berbatov, looking at the following video you wouldnt blame fergie for paying 30m for him

The no 1 rated goal is unreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt63U66NOaY

Firstly are you seriously saying that a youtube video put together by youtube username Abdull789 is the definitive top ten goals by Berbatov?

Secondly maybe you should have looked at when that video was made before you use it to back up your idiotic statement.

Spud83 wrote: »
    Firstly are you seriously saying that a youtube video put together by youtube username Abdull789 is the definitive top ten goals by Berbatov?

Secondly maybe you should have looked at when that video was made before you use it to back up your idiotic statement.

You can disagree and correct me if you like but using brash and abrashive comments is unwarrented and not expected from a hosting moderator

Its amazing how many people show the through reflection of their character by hiding behind these boards, I wonder if thats how you would respond in person.

The fact of the matter Berbatov has not lived up to his 30m price tag and if United where offered 15m for him they would grap it

You can disagree and correct me if you like but using brash and abrashive comments is unwarrented and not expected from a hosting moderator

My Moderator status means nothing in this forum, it barely means anything in the forum I mod. So nothing more is expected of me, than it is of you, or anyone else. If you think I have broken a rule report my post.
    Its amazing how many people show the through reflection of their character by hiding behind these boards, I wonder if thats how you would respond in person.

Yes, it is I am currently having the same argument regarding Berbatov with a friend. He may not be my friend anymore, my last post was a lot more restrained than what I have told him.

The fact of the matter Berbatov has not lived up to his 30m price tag and if United where offered 15m for him they would grap it

Only noticed your edit now thats not a fact thats an opinion. He is mine....

Berbatov made a very valuable contribution to the team last season. He was very important around Christmas time, when we were missing Rooney, and Ronaldo. Remember that run of clean sheets and narrow victories? He carried us through a lot of those games. I don't think we would have won the league last year without his contribution.

He has played well this season despite being injured a fair bit. Has scored 12 goals, in 20 league starts, including something like 9 in his last 11/12 starts. Again a nice contribution even when you don't take into account that his main job is to create not score.

He has never moaned or complained about being on the bench once. Never criticised the manager. The manager has never once complained about him.

He has struggled in the big games, and this is where people criticise him, that he hasn't made a big enough impact on these games. I would say go back and look at how many of these big games has he started. With Ronaldo, last year, and Rooney this year, and us playing one up top in these games, Berbatov finds himself on the bench in the majority of these games. When he does get a chance to start like against Chelsea, he was starved of possession because our midfield was muck (the reason we need to play 3 of them against the big teams).

The guy literal can't win with some fans, and probably you, I have seen games where he busted his balls dropping and back and trying to win the ball and get hold of it. People give out because he is to far back and there is no one up top. I have seen games where he stays up top, and only chases the two center backs. Then he isn't doing enough.

He will go down as a dubious buy to some, but not to me. No where near the Veron level.

See neither are facts, both are opinions, both are probably off topic for this match.

I think Big Sam might bend over and "take one for the team" today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Big Sam might bend over and "take one for the team" today :D
    Yes plz :)

Early kickoff, sweet, I'll actually get to see this match :)

Don't be shy about posting streams... in the appropriate thread of course :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Blackburn to roll over and never get out of first gear. United to win with relative ease.

780_1.jpg

Sam+Allardyce.jpeg

_42694667_allardyce300.jpg

get in kiko is starting . 4-4-2
    And oshea is Lb

• Advertisement

Official MUTV Lineup:

Van der Sar
    Neville---- Ferdinand
    VIdic
    O'Shea
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Scholes
    Nani
    Berbatov--- Macheda

Subs: Kuszczak, Evra, Park, Evans, Fletcher, Obertan, Gibson.

vds nev rio vidic oshea val Giggs scholes nani berba and kiko.

Im worried about our cm again

no carrick anywhere

no carrick anywhere
    He's being given a break, he earned it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I had a feeling JOS would start for Evra

2-0 utd kiko and own goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Glad to see Obertan in the squad. He has been nowhere in the team since january? It's a shame, he has loads of potential, and he wont find it by playing in reserves all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Evra has desperately needed a rest for a while. Weird central midfield, but its clear that Fergie is giving Fletcher and Evra a rest in order for them to be fresh vs. City and Spurs.

Carrick dropped completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fletcher not starting?

Giggs & Scholes in the middle?

Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

No Carrick in the squad at all! Day Day Michael I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dunn on the bench. Surprise surprise.

big sam should at least try and pretend he ain't throwing this match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

nited don't have a great record at Ewood, 6 wins in 15 games.

Richard Keyes got the piss taken out of him over the Walcott comments.:D

Are Blackburn resting Dunn, Diouf and Roberts?

If so, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Are Blackburn resting Dunn, Diouf and Roberts?

If so, why?

1.JPG

• Advertisement

and club captain Nelson and Andrews don't start either, ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Carrick not in the squad. Thank God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Blackburn to roll over and never get out of first gear. United to win with relative ease.
    big sam should at least try and pretend he ain't throwing this match

Come on lads , Don't leave Mr Alan hanging , someone please bite :pac:

ANYWAY
    if UTD ever needed a good performance its today ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ahahaha making it a bit too easy there, Big Sam!

JOKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Black shorts and white socks - I never feel confident when we wear those :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

and club captain Nelson and Andrews don't start either, ha ha

Andrews is in and out of the team and Nelson is coming back from injury.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Come on lads , Don't leave Mr Alan hanging , someone please bite :pac:

ANYWAY
    if UTD ever needed a good performance its today ,
    I'm not the only one to comment on big sam fielding weakened team against his mate. Although Sky's silence on the matter is quite hilarious.

JPA wrote: »
    Andrews is in and out of the team and Nelson is coming back from injury.
    Andrews has played virtually every game this season. In and out? I think not. Nelson is fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Eurgh, the trolling is cringworthy.

3-1 United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Al, is your usename on RAWK Andy@Allerton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

There is no striker on the bench :confused:

Suppose we dont have any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm not the only one to comment on big sam fielding weakened team against his mate. Although Sky's silence on the matter is quite hilarious.

Yeah man, it's a massive conspiracy to make Manchester United win the Premier League, it'd take whatever notes you have on the subject and head straight to your local newspaper. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Andrews has played virtually every game this season. In and out? I think not. Nelson is fully fit.
    Andrews has missed the last 3 games whilst Nelson has missed the last 7. Weak Al. Very weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Andrews hasn't played the last 2 games and Nelson hasn't played since February. How would you know if he is fully fit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement