Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn vs Manchester United, 11th Apr 2010, KO 13:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I FCUKING HATE PARK.

United have been useless today. Just not good enough. Not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Nani :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** off nani

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wayne Rooney gets injured and our season turns to shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A day of scuffed shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

No Fletch and Rooney = avg team tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

He's one lazy cnut that Berbatov:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wayne Rooney gets injured and our season turns to shít.

That's the easy analysis and expect the entire English media to peddle it. In reality, the problems with this team are the same as the problems it had at the start of the season, midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

DISGRACE

• Advertisement

Oh dear god that was abismal.

Absolutely unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

what a pile of wánk that was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What a shít week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

And that as the fella says is that. Chelsea could win it with a game or 2 to spare now.

Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fergie will just say it was one of those days, luck wasn't with us, blah blah blah.

Truth is the performance today was a disgrace.

So many players just aren't good enough at this stage. we need a load of new players, but don't have the money for it.

Gutted and ashamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I like Blackburn!!

Big Sam is about to get the hairdryer treatment :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Pure muck!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Season over. Title race is all but a formality now. Congrats to Chelsea.

United players will now focus on the World Cup, and Fergie will let them. Expect Rooney not to play for a week or two at least.

The only remaining thing that Untied can do this season that would be worthwhile? Beat City then lose to Spurs to ensure that they get 4th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

utd just played awful today, i lost count of the amount of ****ty passes that went straight to blackburn players without them even reaching for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Horrible game to watch. In all truth Utd got the result their performance merited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Funny, I thought they'd roll over according to the ABUs :confused:

Depressing week. A season with only winning the League Cup. Still better than most :pac:

Hopefully Chelsea and Arsenal just implode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God if Rooney can make United look as good as he has, I can't wait for the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Good game, Blackburn deserved a point from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

so Chelsea double then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

cheers blackburn, your my dawg blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Arsenal could well sneak into second too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

so Chelsea double then?

Not if Spurs have anything to say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

This season was a chance to make history but because of a lack of ambition we will now end the season with the carling cup when we should have retained the league and reached 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Arsenal could well sneak into second too!

They are 1 point behind. I dont think they would have to be very sneaky to get 2nd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

so Chelsea double then?

easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Could be the end of Berba now. Falls over towards the end and lays down for 5 or 10 seconds, beats the ground and gets back up gingerly, then walks around.

Get up, chase the ball down and get it back. Absolutely disgraceful.

When we need him most, he has been awful. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúcking disgrace.
    Park is an idiot, Berbatov is a tit, Nani is back to his old self and the golden oldies can't all play at the same time.

As bad as he was, Gary Neville showed determination to win, which was missing in way too many of the players today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hopefully Chelsea and Arsenal just implode.

Arsenal maybe but Chelsea wont - they have a nice confidenece booster (not that they need it) against bolton during the week. That coupled with our limpdcik performance will be all the encouragement they need to push over the line.

Nev, Giggs and Scholes trio should never be on the the pitch at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd really hoped the Chelsea game was the end of Neville, Giggs and Scholes starting the same game. United are at their best when energetic with fast breaks, can't do that with them starting. Plus count in Berbatov who moves around like Monty Burns.

All in all, a very poor performance today, they really need new life in midfield and somebody to replace Berbatov. Very surprised Gibson did not start too, he deserved to and would have added some energy if paired with Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

You'd think that Manchester had a devine right to win going by some of the posts.

You matched Chelsea's result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

rednik wrote: »
    This season was a chance to make history but because of a lack of ambition we will now end the season with the carling cup when we should have retained the league and reached 19.

Lack of ambition? How? It is purely down to a lack of quality. We have a very good GK in VDS with poor backup. We have Vidic, Rio and Evra as class defenders with Evans and the da Silvas as improving squad players with great potential. We have one top class striker with no proven backup apart from Owen and he is injured. Then our midfield, Fletcher is top notch as far as hardwork goes and will always feature in our midfield but that is it really. Scholes is past it, Giggs is past it(great to have him for last 20mins for experience). Valencia and Nani need to improve more and gain consistency but I rate both highly. Everyone else in the midfield squad are good players and I would rate as great backup but what United need is top top quality. Hopefully Hargreaves can improve our average midfield but we need a creative AM too, unfortunately none out there that we can afford. In the last two weeks we have been shown up big time and I fear we will be next week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Osu wrote: »
    DISGRACE

Complete over reaction by people on here... I really feel like some people here are not giving Blackburn the respect they deserve.

Sure this was a game where Man Utd were favourites but Blackburn have a very good home record we've only lost 2 games at home ALL season in the league, one of which was on the opening day.

We are not a great side but we are a difficult side to beat at home. We've played Chelsea at home twice this season (once in the carling cup and once in league) and they could only draw with us both times. In normal circumstances a draw away to Blackburn would be a decent result for Utd and even though I can understand with the title at stake a draw was not ideal to call the result a disgrace is just disrespectful.

I hate the way people over react to results like this I know its been a bad week but a Q/final run in the champions league and 2nd or 3rd in the league is hardly disgraceful for utd.

People also need to remember no team can keep winning forever. Utd have won the league 3 seasons in a row and it was only a matter of when they would not win the league again. I fully expect them to be challenging for the title again next season (though I do agree they could do with a new signing or two).

(I'm a Blackburn fan)

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Yesssssssss... Go Blackburn.

Chelsea have the league now.

Damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Again, complete over reaction on berbatov from united fans....

If I was playing in a team with that much lack of creativity today, I'd find it hard to be bothered aswell.

He made all the chances in the first half, and when he went more advanced to try score a goal, the creativity behind wasn't there.

I dont know why I defend him so much and try educate united fans on him, hopefully he does move to a different club and I can finally see him being utilised properly and being appreciated.

United pretty much dominated the game, but it was pure lack of creativity from the supporting players to the strikers. Nani was poor and Valencia wasnt given enough chances to explode.

The only thing wrong today was uniteds box play. Blackburn were very steely in defence and deserve some credit, however being pumeled for 90 minutes doesnt exactly give them plaudits for a point.

I'd hardly call it a disgrace, but I think its typical over reaction from seeded comments in the week that this team is doomed. Poor 16 yard play was what let united down today, thats all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

killwill wrote: »
    Lack of ambition? How? It is purely down to a lack of quality. We have a very good GK in VDS with poor backup. We have Vidic, Rio and Evra as class defenders with Evans and the da Silvas as improving squad players with great potential. We have one top class striker with no proven backup apart from Owen and he is injured. Then our midfield, Fletcher is top notch as far as hardwork goes and will always feature in our midfield but that is it really. Scholes is past it, Giggs is past it(great to have him for last 20mins for experience). Valencia and Nani need to improve more and gain consistency but I rate both highly. Everyone else in the midfield squad are good players and I would rate as great backup but what United need is top top quality. Hopefully Hargreaves can improve our average midfield but we need a creative AM too, unfortunately none out there that we can afford. In the last two weeks we have been shown up big time and I fear we will be next week too.

We were linked with so many strikers last summer and we end up signing Michael Owen on a free thats how. Valencia was a good signing who else was?. Definite lack of ambition when 19 was on the horizon and Fergie can't go on forever. This should have been his swansong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its more a lack of talent and attacking talent in particular that has Utd in the current position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Glory Glory ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

We were linked with so many strikers last summer and we end up signing Michael Owen on a free thats how. Valencia was a good signing who else was?. Definite lack of ambition when 19 was on the horizon and Fergie can't go on forever. This should have been his swansong.

Not signing a top class striker last summer was not a lack of ambition it was a lack of funds. They were beaten to Benzema because Real outbid United, probably just as well too btw. Anyway our midfield needs strengthening up alot more than our strikers right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd hardly call it a disgrace, but I think its typical over reaction from seeded comments in the week that this team is doomed. Poor 16 yard play was what let united down today, thats all....

Thats pretty true,Utd completely dominated the match and did pass it around well especially in the first half.
    The problem was in the final third where there was no target man or anyone to hold up the ball.
    Berbatov had to keep going deep and tried alot harder than in previous months.
    Nani again showed what a useless player he is,he consistently gave the ball away,time after time after time.He has zero footballing brain power.
    Blackburn defended well but thats easier to do when you sit back for the whole match and show zero ambition to score.
    The only difference between today and last year is that in a tight match like today Ronaldo would score a goal out of nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd be keeping tabs on the like of someone like Van Der vaart or some sort of creative midfielder.

With Fletcher in midfield united have enough pace and stamina to let them utilise someone with pure attacking and creative flair. Someone like a Van der Vaart isnt the best at tracking back, but is a clever player and can craft something up front.

You could see the minute berbatov was moved from his deep role, united had no penetration and were firing balls left and right in the hope an off form nani and a very under utilised valencia could craft something.

Reading the other united gossip thread is very laughable, there is a real stem of over reaction on this forum, and a real lack of understanding of football.

After a game that your team has dominated for 90 minutes you can somehow assault your team calling them a disgrace and calling for mass clearout in the summer...its a tad bit dunphy like lads. A lack of creativity , that was it.

Some people here need to take a two hour breather before coming onto post, cause it seems you watch a completely different game with your passions flaring.

Theres calls on that other thread to have Gary neville ousted asap, maybe I'm wrong , but I thought he has been doing very well on his return and looks pretty solid at right back. Just because he hits the loose cross isnt exactly calls for him to get cleared out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

TheDoc wrote: »
    Again, complete over reaction on berbatov from united fans....

If I was playing in a team with that much lack of creativity today, I'd find it hard to be bothered aswell.

He made all the chances in the first half, and when he went more advanced to try score a goal, the creativity behind wasn't there.

I dont know why I defend him so much and try educate united fans on him, hopefully he does move to a different club and I can finally see him being utilised properly and being appreciated.

United pretty much dominated the game, but it was pure lack of creativity from the supporting players to the strikers. Nani was poor and Valencia wasnt given enough chances to explode.

The only thing wrong today was uniteds box play. Blackburn were very steely in defence and deserve some credit, however being pumeled for 90 minutes doesnt exactly give them plaudits for a point.

My problem with Berbatov is that he does not suit United. I don't need to be "educated" as to what he does. His style of play just does not work in the United team. United need somebody in that position who can actually score a goal. You say it yourself, poor play in the penalty box let them down.

When United are without Rooney, teams can push up and know that very few people will make a run behind. That is how Blackburn stifled United. Macheda did try a few times but became visibly upset when Berbatov ignored his runs in the 1st half. After that it was all played in front of Blackburn, making it very easy for them to play to their strengths. A team set up with 2 wingers need people in the box, not dropping off. This will create the space for Valencia and Nani to create chances. The first half against Bayern is a great example of how that works.

Berbatov has some qualities but not what United actually need. Plus in reality, I think he found his level at Spurs. He has too many flaws in his game for United. He needs the team built around him, at United that is not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Good job Blackburn - now Arsenal for second :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My problem with Berbatov was his attitude today. He was giving out stink left, right and center to Macheda who probably felt like the world was on his shoulders today.

That was such a frustrating game to watch.

Although I did enjoy the crunching tackles that the ref didn't blow the whistle for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement