Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn vs Manchester United, 11th Apr 2010, KO 13:30

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Four bad results in a row - depressing.
    Seeing the league start to slip away - depressinger.

We played reasonably well today. Giggs and Scholes moved the ball around quite well. Berbatov was the key too all our creativity (his shot straight at Robinson near the end wasn't good enough though).

Kiko failed to do anything at all which was a disappointment, but he's young and has been out a lot this season tbf. Nani made far too many wrong decisions. Valencia didn't do enough and missed a sitter. JOS and Nev didn't do nearly enough, their lack of crossing and forward runs didn't help the wingers in the slightest.

Gibson added absolutuely nothing when he came on. Park did alright with some nice touches but he's not good enough to be relied on to win a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The title race is over now barring a miraculous bit of help from a Tottenham side that couldn't beat Pompey today. Very disappointing to see the challenge seemingly ending with a whimper.

I said a month or so ago if Rooney got injured we were screwed and so it's proved. He's the heart and brains of the whole operation.

Also I'm not one to have knee-jerk reactions about players but I don't think this is one as I've questioned this player before plenty of times - Nani was absolutely atrocious today. This was the kind of game he needed to deliver in after a good showing in midweek and he was absolutely terrible. I lost count of the amount of times his corners failed to beat the first man, his sloppiness over simple passes. Every time he got the ball you sensed something was going to happen - for Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow.

i know a lot of people have taken the p*ss out of how reliant Utd are on Rooney, but i honestly didn't expect it to peter out like it seems to be without him.

utd wthout Rooney looks remarkably similar to Liverpool without Torres.

like us, utd maybe need new gamebreakers when Rooney's not about, not a squad overhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    wow.

i know a lot of people have taken the p*ss out of how reliant Utd are on Rooney, but i honestly didn't expect it to peter out like it seems to be without him.

utd wthout Rooney looks remarkably similar to Liverpool without Torres.

like us, utd maybe need new gamebreakers when Rooney's not about, not a squad overhaul.

I think most sensible United fans will agree that United need someone with more creative quality in midfield and someone really top class on the left. I think with that in place they would:

1. Be less reliant on Rooney

2. Could afford to even play 2 up front, which would suit berba better on days when Rooney isn't fit.

The general overreactions and prophecies of doom are something I've been hearing for years and years and are as hasty as they are unsurprising.

2-3 good signings and United will mount a huge challennge on all fronts

Advertisement