Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around the boards in 80* posts

Options
  • 10-04-2010 10:18pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I might be half-cut, but I had a jolly little idea to start a thread that would travel around boards.ie, visiting every single forum on the way. Ideally, it would have some sort of logical continuation throughout the thread's lifespan but every so often it would get kicked to another forum based on the content of a particular post altering the core discussion of the thread. And so on, from one forum to another until it had done the complete round of the non-restricted forums.

* I think there are over 200 forums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We'll be here when you get back.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Around the board in 80 forums might be more appropriate - you have less than one post per forum otherwise.

But it's a very nice idea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Too much time on your hands?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Too much time on your hands?

Moved to W&T.

edit: button not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spudmonkey17

Ah sweet! And you decided to start it all off in AH! We feel privileged :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

That sounds like a tough undertaking.

Good luck with that, may the farce be with you.

Hang on, I didn't mean to say I was going to be doing the posting. No fun in that. Besides, it needs a couple of hundred moderators to see the worth of the endeavour. NGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Didn't someone say they would try this a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Really cool idea. Organisational nightmare in reality.

Sure just imagine what'll happen when it gets to TCN. ! :eek:

MultiUmm wrote: »

Sarky will have a field day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Really cool idea. Organisational nightmare in reality.

Nawww, it'll be fine in TCN. Tar will post a pic of Avril and then it will get moved to the celebrity forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i reakon it will get locked before it even leaves AH

:D

Nawww, it'll be fine in TCN. Tar will post a pic of Avril and then it will get moved to the celebrity forum :D

Says you, knowing them there'll be a virtual lynch mob to get Snyper! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

Slow day in the CW forum?

Says you, knowing them there'll be a virtual lynch mob to get Snyper! :eek: :D

Snyper deserves everything he gets.

Made some horrible comments that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ben Dunne by Blisterman

Edit: Just read the OP now. Different thing to what I thought you were doing. As you were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

f*ck the begrudgers, this is a great idea... i may also be half-cut....

Moved to food and drink.

Ah sh!t, someone gimmie some Modutils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I might be half-cut

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60327196&postcount=1

(I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean man, but I'm game. If I'm right, then someone should quote a part of the linked post above and link to a post from another forum that is in some way linked to the quote? And eventually we will have a link to a post from every forum on boards contained in this thread?)

Why don't you instead, decide to make at least one post in a different forum every day?

Work your way from left to right on the navigation bar, moving down one forum every day. Take a half an hour to pick a thread, try to educate yourself on the matters discussed in the thread, and make a sensible reply?

Sending one thread around the board is just... silly? You'll just get a load of "wtf" posts from peopl ein forums who haven't a clue why the thread has appeared in their forum.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Snyper deserves everything he gets.

Made some horrible comments that guy.

And this became an oddity when exactly ... ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Why don't you instead, decide to make at least one post in a different forum every day?

Work your way from left to right on the navigation bar, moving down one forum every day. Take a half an hour to pick a thread, try to educate yourself on the matters discussed in the thread, and make a sensible reply?

Sending one thread around the board is just... silly? You'll just get a load of "wtf" posts from peopl ein forums who haven't a clue why the thread has appeared in their forum.

wtf

Permission to send this thread on it's merry way to any forums I mod. That'd be 3 down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Doesn't the thread topic have to change so it's moved to different forums?

Lovely day today wasn't it.

Now just wait... It'll be moved to Weather any minute now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Loads more than that!

This sounds fun, who's going to keep track of the count? I vote pickarooney :D

I'd say when the mod moves it on they say where it was moved from and next number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Why not go around numerically?

Use the numbers in the URL and work upwards, starting at 7 (AH)

Why not go around numerically?

Use the numbers in the URL and work upwards, starting at 7 (AH)
    A good idea from an accounting point of view, but it would be kind of forcing people to post things specificaly related to the next one on the list. The tenuous link is the (potentially) amusing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We could allow people in the prison forum to post in it! But if it makes it's way to TCN will there be any mechanism to get it out, just in case it's lost forever there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

So basically you wish to establish a 'boards trolling' wing of After Hours beloved travelling community?

EDIT: let me be the first to curse you feckin' knackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I might be half-cut, but I had a jolly little idea to start a thread that would travel around boards.ie, visiting every single forum on the way. Ideally, it would have some sort of logical continuation throughout the thread's lifespan but every so often it would get kicked to another forum based on the content of a particular post altering the core discussion of the thread. And so on, from one forum to another until it had done the complete round of the non-restricted forums.

im half cut aswell... but still I didnt come up with such a ridiculous idea:p thats all

Advertisement