Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pooper scoopers on the Prom

Options
  • 10-04-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

The dispensers were all empty today.

I'd forgotten our plastic bag thingy - issues with switching leashes you see - realised halfway there but didn't turn back because I knew there were dispensers on the prom!

I had three options:

a) leave it. seems everyone else does, completely unabashedly.
    b) my husband's Driver Theory Test Pass Certificate
    c) Pope Benedict's Pastoral Letter to the Irish People (seriously!)

Suffice it to say... I'm going to hell. And so is my dog :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Came a long way to walk the dog huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It's a short drive to the Prom - I get sick of the same old places...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Wouldn't have thought twice about using that letter of Benedicts myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

It was pretty messy out there this evening...

I think you chose the correct option Xiney;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Serious question, what's the deal with guide dogs?

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »

I would assume your average blind person wouldn't be able to pick up after them, actually. On account of them being, well, blind.

Still, maybe the guide dogs are trained to only go in their own yard or something? I don't know. I've met guide dogs but I've never asked that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

I was wondering why there was so much dog crap on the prom yesterday, it's usually pretty minimal and it was all over. I'd say you weren't the only person who was expecting the bags to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

galwayrush wrote: »

They're trained to go at certain times of the day when their owners let them into the garden. Not sure about cleaning it up but they probably do something clever like bury it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Xiney wrote: »
    I had three options:

Ah now! The Council can hardly frown upon recourse taken as a result of their negligence. I'm sure you could wipe it down and still frame the cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The dispensers were all empty today.

I'd forgotten our plastic bag thingy - issues with switching leashes you see - realised halfway there but didn't turn back because I knew there were dispensers on the prom!

I had three options:

you don't need to **** on the catholics to illustrate your point. its about as funny as Tommy Tiernan and his jew jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Fuinseog wrote: »
    you don't need to **** on the catholics to illustrate your point. its about as funny as Tommy Tiernan and his jew jokes.

In fairness to Xiney, she only described what her options were at the time, you are seriously reading too much into it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Goodness me!

You don't need to troll an internet forum to get your rocks off. Go find a lady or a sheep or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Let's play nicely folks!

/moderation

You don't need to troll an internet forum to get your rocks off. Go find a lady or a sheep or something.

there is no trolling involved here. you are obviously some kind of teenager who thinks its cool to take a swipe at someones religion and not realise it may cause offence.
    I point this out to you and you call me a sheep shagger. I notice you are not from around here. do you consider everyone in Galway sheep shaggers?

Cool the tempers down please all.

Fuinseog, Xiney related a story of what actually happened to her on the prom, you don't like her actions, that's fair enough, however she didn't perform them to offend, she performed them to take dog droppings off the ground, she should be commended for this, many people don't bother.

She used a piece of paper which contained writing by Pope Benedict XVI, so what? He's not God, it wasn't consecrated paper, it wasn't a bible.

Now if people can't let this go at that I'll be forced to issue bannings to give people time to cool their heads.

Final warning.

This thread is about pooper scoopers, and their lack of availability on the prom.

/moderation

Cool the tempers down please all.

Fuinseog, Xiney related a story of what actually happened to her on the prom, you don't like her actions, that's fair enough, however she didn't perform them to offend, she performed them to take dog droppings off the ground, she should be commended for this, many people don't bother.

She used a piece of paper which contained writing by Pope Benedict XVI, so what? He's not God, it wasn't consecrated paper, it wasn't a bible.

Now if people can't let this go at that I'll be forced to issue bannings to give people time to cool their heads.

Final warning.

you wouldn't be saying that if the reference was to jews or muslims. as I said earlier it was unnecessary.

This thread is about pooper scoopers, and their lack of availability on the prom.

/moderation

you wouldn't be saying that if the reference was to jews or muslims. as I said earlier it was unnecessary.

it was meant to be funny and take a casual swipe at catholics, which I find inappropriate on a galway forum.

it was meant to be funny and take a casual swipe at catholics, which I find inappropriate on a galway forum.

I personally wouldn't particularly care to be honest.

You've reported the post, the mods have decided there's nothing wrong with it. For your own sake let it go, otherwise you are free to raise it with the Admins in feedback.

/moderation

Apologies, above should be Help Desk, not Feeback.

Woops... before doing that you have the option of PMing a Cmod to discuss.

I personally wouldn't particularly care to be honest.

You've reported the post, the mods have decided there's nothing wrong with it. For your own sake let it go, otherwise you are free to raise it with the Admins in feedback.

/moderation

I just don't like the Fenian bashing. given that she is a mod it comes at no surprise. if it is not pertinent to the issue of poop scooping, why not remove it?

• Advertisement

I just don't like the Fenian bashing. given that she is a mod it comes at no surprise. if it is not pertinent to the issue of poop scooping, why not remove it?

OK I'm going to take this to PM as it is derailing this thread.

Hoooooly crapolla.

I picked up some dog doo using a booklet that happened to be a mass printed letter from the pope. As far as I am aware, the booklets were not consecrated and I did nothing wrong - I was only joking about going to hell etc.

Chill, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What the fluck are you on about? Pull your head out of your arse.

Thread locked for pointless drivel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement