Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower Repair/servicing

Options
  • 10-04-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

anyone know of any place to get a petrol push lawnmower serviced?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Has it got a problem or does it just need a service? They are pretty easy to DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think, most places where you can hire tools they will service lawnmowers.

The only places I've used have been the place in lucan across the bridge over the liffey, and some place in cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

It just won't start ,changed the spark plug and plenty of juice and oil.

Also the pull cable is getting stuck sometimes and dam it hurts
    when your reefing it to
    start it and t won't budge!

Don't mind travelling to Lucan or cabra if they were good and resonable

cheers

Haven't used either in years. I think someone else does it in blanch. I'd have to ask and get a number.

Tried Sam hire and they reccomended the place in lucan.

Went over there and they took it off me, said 40 or 50 euro will sort it.
    There is about 30 lawnmowers waiting to get serviced over there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

hedges and lawns service mowers for 35 euro, based in Sandymount and Castleknock.

sharpened blades, changed oil, new spark plug, and cleaned filter.

PM me for the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

have you tried the hardware shop in Roselawn. Think one of my neighbours got his lawnmower done there.

The place in lucan seems to be closed.

Amazing theres so few places in D.15 that do this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a place on the River Road called Dublin Grass Machinery that does lawnmowers, but I'm not sure if they deal with the general public or the trade. Might be worth calling them though.

BostonB wrote: »
    The place in lucan seems to be closed.

Amazing theres so few places in D.15 that do this.

That's a shame, they did a great job on mine last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭jlang

Anyone know where I can get a lawnmower repaired in D15? Looking for someone reliable that won't rip me off. (I'm in D15, but Lucan or anywhere to the west or south of Dublin would suit)

(10 year old Mountfield, needs a new wheel and takes forever to start the first few cuts of the year)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

This guy is based in Blanch, Very reliable!

http://themowerdoctor.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Hiya,

I have a fairly simple issue with my lawnmower. one of the wheels is coming off so i probably just need a new wheel. i suppose i could get the blades sharpened to. does anyone know prices or where i could go to get this done in D15?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

There's a guy over on adverts that I used, he came & collected my mower and fixed and serviced it and dropped it back 24 hrs later, great service. I have no connection to him, just a happy customer.

http://www.adverts.ie/business-services/lawnmower-sale-repairs-service-s/1517845

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I was going to recommend the Mower Doctor in Mulhuddart, but I see he (Lee) has sadly closed down. Bought a mower off him recently and thought the customer service was exceptional, would have no problem recommending him. I remember at the time he stressed that the warranty was from the manufacturer rather than the shop (i.e., can get a warranty repair in any dealer), but didn't guess he might be closing.

I think a typical mower service is about €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I'm afraid the mowerdoctor.ie is gone

I just had mine serviced and repaired by Tom Fitzsimons in Hazel lawns Blanch (not far from the church). Ph 086 2558421. It wasn't in great condition when I left it down but I was well pleased when I got it back.

Car breakdown and repair is his main business, but this is a sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I agree with Tom Fitzsimons, he does a super job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Threads merged.

wanna bump this as i never got it fixed. anyone any idea on proces for a replacement wheel?

What size are the wheels? Ive a couple of small plastic wheels in the shed about 15 cm radius and 3-4cm thick. Kept them some some reason long since forgotten so you're welcome to them if they're any use

• Advertisement

I actually used this guy - http://www.adverts.ie/business-servi...vice-s/1517845

he quoted 65 for a full service and a replacement wheel and fix the back where the basket hangs.

need two wheels replaced so going to use Tom Fitzsimons. was going top use that adverts link guy again but the ads been taken down.

Advertisement