Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tried and tested slow cooker recipies

Options
  • 10-04-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hi what are your favourite slow cooker recipies? I'll start with lamb and tomatoes, its a family favourite, the meat is so tender it just melts. there is lots of liquid with this, so some nice bread to mop it up is good. mash is good too.

Lamb and tomatoes
    • 1.2kg/ 2½ lb stewing lamb, cut into 2.5cm / 1 inch cubes.
    • 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with ground black pepper
    • 4 tbsp olive oil
    • 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
    • 1 medium onion, finely chopped (not in original recipie, so feel free to leave out)
    • 1 sprig rosemary
    • 150ml / ¼ pint dry white wine (works fine with stock if you don’t have/don’t use wine)
    • 150ml / ¼ pint lamb or beef stock (I’ve used veg stock and its fine)
    • 450g / 1lb fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 400g / 14oz can chopped tomatoes (I’ve only ever used tinned tomatoes)
    • Salt and pepper

Toss meat in seasoned flour to coat. Shake off excess.
    Heat the oil in a pan and brown the lamb. Transfer lamb to the slow cooker.
    Fry the garlic and onion for a few seconds, add rosemary, stock and wine. Deglaze pan and add liquid to slow cooker.
    Season with salt and pepper, stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook for 1 hour on high or auto.
    Reduce heat to low or leave on auto and cook for another 6 – 8 hours or until lamb is tender.
    Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary.

Comments

Advertisement