Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend me a good WW2 Shooter game...

• 10-04-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Well lads, havn't played a decent World War Two shoot em up type game in a while.

Anyone be able to recommend me one?

Cheers,
    Anto :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

COD 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If your looking for multiplayer go with Day of Defeat source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Well, there's not a shortage of them. WW2 gaming has been going on longer than the actual World War 2. There is something wrong with that. Anyway, I actually recommend the original Call Of Duty, storming Omaha beach is always fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Reckoner91 wrote: »
    Well, there's not a shortage of them. WW2 gaming has been going on longer than the actual World War 2. There is something wrong with that. Anyway, I actually recommend the original Call Of Duty, storming Omaha beach is always fun.

I don't believe the Omaha beach invasion was in Call of Duty. I reckon you are thinking of Medal of Honour: Allied Assault.

Go for MOH:AA OP, excellent game - although it is only on PC. Call of Duty World at War and Call of Duty 2 would be your best alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

VinLieger wrote: »
    If your looking for multiplayer go with Day of Defeat source

Thats a pc game :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dazftw wrote: »
    Thats a pc game :rolleyes:

Yep just realised that myself ah well its a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭recyclops

Normandy invasions were in cod2, the battle of stalingrad levels of original ocd which ya can download for the xbox were always a favourite of mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

recyclops wrote: »
    Normandy invasions were in cod2, the battle of stalingrad levels of original ocd which ya can download for the xbox were always a favourite of mine

Sorry, watcha mean by I can download it for the xbox? Cheers

Cheers for the replies btw, I'm gonna head out and buy COD and COD2 during the week, presuming they can be got cheap enough second hand/pre-owned. If not, I'll just buy one of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Cheers for the replies btw, I'm gonna head out and buy COD and COD2 during the week, presuming they can be got cheap enough second hand/pre-owned. If not, I'll just buy one of them :D

The original COD is available through XBLA (titled Call of Duty Classic) for 1200 MS points (€15 approx)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Stay clear of MOH Airborn anyways...

Frontlines is okay, actually I cant remember if thats WW2 but those would be two I'd go with apart from CODs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

grimm2005 wrote: »
    The original COD is available through XBLA (titled Call of Duty Classic) for 1200 MS points (€15 approx)

Yeah I recommend getting that. I know you might think €15 is a bit steep for such an old game, but I think the achievements and HD is worth the extra money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think COD World at War was great ..and is pretty cheap these days int he shops too ..I picked it up preowned for 12.99 in game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

wolfenstein 3d

Well, COD Classic is downloading now :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I would recomend BF1943 for download its cheap 12 quid there abouts.. Or COD WAW and as they guy said you can pick that up cheap also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Well I would recomend BF1943 for download its cheap 12 quid there abouts.. Or COD WAW and as they guy said you can pick that up cheap also

I have to agree , hours of endless multiplayer fun for 12 quid you cant go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BF1943 is easily the best WW2 game available, the gameplay is endless, hours of fun for hardly a dent in the wallet!

Advertisement