Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was I hearing things.......

• 10-04-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

....... Or were Sky Sports News right this evening in saying that Ian Harte scored his 17th goal this season for Carlisle Utd:eek:

Fair play to him, delighted to hear that. I know a League One team, but still, he's obviously giving it his all.

After his disappointing spell at Levante, great to hear he's doing well:)

17 goal tally, not bad for a left back:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yep, half of them from penos though.

Not doing bad atm alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

deadly isn't it
    if only he didn't miss that peno against spain

one of the best/worst punditry comentary i ever heard was hansen saying he had no right foot. he then scored a peach from 30 yards with his right and hansen said "you watch when he hits this with a straight leg"

pundints. **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

marbar wrote: »
    deadly isn't it
    if only he didn't miss that peno against spain

one of the best/worst punditry comentary i ever heard was hansen saying he had no right foot. he then scored a peach from 30 yards with his right and hansen said "you watch when he hits this with a straight leg"

pundints. **** sake

You'll win nothing with kids etc.............

I just hope in the summer, he says 'the one team who will not win the league is Liverpool'!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

monkey9 wrote: »
    You'll win nothing with kids etc.............

I just hope in the summer, he says 'the one team who will not win the league is Liverpool'!!

He's good, but he's not that good!

Hartey faded away pretty early, didn't he?

He's only 31, 32 ffs, should be at a higher level that league 1, reckon he still has plenty to offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

He's only 31, 32 ffs, should be at a higher level that league 1, reckon he still has plenty to offer

Im not so sure, I've seen quicker 80 yr olds!

I think he's been linked with a return to Leeds. I could be wrong on that though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

should be at a higher level that league 1
    Leeds

:cool:

baz2009 wrote: »
    :cool:

Yeah yeah, good point. :o I'm just saying, even though they're in the same division, Leeds are at a higher level than Carlisle, ie promotion hopefuls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think he's been linked with a return to Leeds. I could be wrong on that though!!

Yeah I have read that too in the week. Would be nice if he ended his career there.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-defender-ian-harte-admits-he-would-love-leeds-return-1.690635?referrerPath=sport_2_1693

• Advertisement

I read there recently he has a 'LUFC' tat on his arm, so the love is still there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah yeah, good point. :o I'm just saying, even though they're in the same division, Leeds are at a higher level than Carlisle, ie promotion hopefuls!!!
    leeds may well be in the championship next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

my fav Irish player ever, a hero amongst men..I still buy him in evry football game :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,138 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yeah I have read that too in the week. Would be nice if he ended his career there.

Leeds are probably still paying him, they might as well get something in return...

I was watching the Johnstone Paints trophy final between Carlisle and Southampton the other night, also on display were David Connolly and Graham Kavanagh - it was like an Ireland match from 2003...

Advertisement