Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CIÉ getting its head read

• 11-04-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭

http://www.e-tenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=MAR146422
    The Occupational Health Unit of the Medical Department of CIÉ wishes to contract a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Service to augment its existing Counselling Support Services to employees of the constituent Companies of the CIÉ Group, i.e. Iarnród Éireann, Bus Átha Cliath, Bus Éireann and the Holding Company. This service is required to support workplace management of common mental health problems in order to increase staff retention and promote return to work from long-term sickness absence in a cost effective way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Cheaper to pay a shrink €70-80k a year for touchy feely outreach crap than to say "Drive the bleedin train Anto..willya" of a cold monday morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There was an article in a paper a few months back about train drivers having to deal with suicides. One driver in the sticks had to deal with a person splattered all over his train for several hours in the middle of the night till the Emergency services got there.....
    I'd imagine that'd feic with your head enough to need some professional help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Not wrong there. So many happening on Toronto subway platform doors are getting serious discussion even though it will cost a mint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I know a train driver in the US who killed someone. He was going fairly slowly in a freight train, but a gang had tied someone to the tracks. Couldnt stop in time and mashed the guy. Apparently his legs and arms were all severed.

The thing is that even though you're going so slowly at time, you just cant stop quickly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭FlameoftheWest

I think Sponge Bob and Caraway Stick are both right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement