Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match of the day

• 11-04-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

I usually love MOTD (BBC) - but have to say tonights has to be the worst one I have ever seen - after being spoilt this week watching the Messi show and the rugby , enduring over extended highlights of Burnley beating Hull - made for a painstaking Saturday night - need to go back on the beer or get a girl-friend ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

thebaz wrote: »
    I usually love MOTD (BBC) - but have to say tonights has to be the worst one I have ever seen - after being spoilt this week watching the Messi show and the rugby , enduring over extended highlights of Burnley beating Hull - made for a painstaking Saturday night - need to go back on the beer or get a girl-friend ;)

Well there was only two Prem matches today. What else can they do?? MOTD2 will be better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

typical event junkie ya are.

Go and watch your nearest Airtricity league game if Hull and Burnley isn't entertaining enough for ya.

Or maybe ya should just hop on the rugby bandwagon full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Jayob10 wrote: »

Go and watch your nearest Airtricity league game if Hull and Burnley isn't entertaining enough for ya.

That's quite a tall horse your on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Every fupping thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Well if he didn't find the Hull/Burnley game quite the thrill I don't think LOI is what he's looking for.

Anyway if he did go would he not be jumping on the LOI bandwagon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fromvert wrote: »

Anyway if he did go would he not be jumping on the LOI bandwagon?
    It'd have to exist to jump on it...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It'd have to exist to jump on it...

It always takes me a while to get used to new names, so I'll keep calling it the LOI.

Fromvert wrote: »
    It always takes me a while to get used to new names, so I'll keep calling it the LOI.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he was talking about the bandwagon idea, rather than the AL.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think he was talking about the bandwagon idea, rather than the AL.

Ah right, little slow myself tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

OP, i suggest you wait for the Football League show on directly after MOTD :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are bandwagons as much fun as they are cracked up to be ?

How many people have ever actually been on a band wagon ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I usually love MOD and I have to say it is what really got me back into following the premiership this year. That said, this sort of exchange is overdone:

Gary: Alan, you spotted a foul there in the second half that the ref missed. Why don't you take us through it.

Alan: Well here we have player A and player B in the box, player A pulls his shirt and the ref doesn't see it. It should have been a penalty kick. I mean, he clearly grabs his shirt and to me that's a stonewall foul

cue slow-mo replay of pointless incident with Alan Hansen saying that "he should be running into this area of yellow lines"

This sort of thing is annoying but that's why I save it on the sky box and fast forward the annoying parts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

blinding wrote: »
    Are bandwagons as much fun as they are cracked up to be ?

How many people have ever actually been on a band wagon ? ?

Bandwagons are brilliant. I hopped on the cricket one the other year when the World Cup was on. Ireland beating Pakistan on Paddy's day and then their manager being murdered (or not, as it seemed to later transpire). Fantastic stuff!

The attraction soon faded and cricket once again became a non sport. Cricket?? Pfft!!!!

But those few days were magic!! :cool:

Bandwagons FTW!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not often MOTD 2 is the edition to be seen watching (its the one I tend to watch myself), and they'll still mamnage to dismiss the Wolves/Stoke game in 3 minutes. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

mike65 wrote: »
    Not often MOTD 2 is the edition to be seen watching (its the one I tend to watch myself), and they'll still mamnage to dismiss the Wolves/Stoke game in 3 minutes. :(

Was the same in the past with Man City games....
    They were always on last and only a few mins, would nearly always fall asleep after a beer or two before they actually showed them:D
    Drove me nuts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

monkey9 wrote: »
    I hopped on the cricket one the other year when the World Cup was on.

I remember that. Years of asking the pub to put cricket on and to be shot down immediately and then all of a sudden nobody could get enough. Then interest disappeared again, until next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I remember that. Years of asking the pub to put cricket on and to be shot down immediately and then all of a sudden nobody could get enough. Then interest disappeared again, until next time.

in fairness there wouldn't be much to choose between a boring poor test match, and the extended highlights of Hull and Burnley - never mind the league of Ireland , many leinster Senior league matches would be of a higher quality - certainly more entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

thebaz wrote: »

There was nothing wrong with that game, 5 goals, relegation battle, passion in the fans, what more do you want? Not every "big game" has a silver trophy hanging from it. Right now I'd far rather watch a repeat of the Hull vs Burnley highlights than have to sit through United vs Blackburn so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I wasn't hugely looking forward to MoTD last night when I saw what the two games were.

But it was good, only two games meant they could show much more highlights and longer replays. I really enjoyed it.

Results spoiler:
    Tonight will be fairly shíte too, three nil nil draws at full-time in the PL and 0-0 at half time in the FA Cup, great.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Sorry but just dont think MOTD is done yet :D

Advertisement