Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet in china

• 11-04-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the right section for this question but all help very much appreciated and if a mod knows of a better forum feel free to move this thread! Right im off to china next week. Does anyone know of any websites i can use to access facebook etc. I know it is banned! Also what else is banned? Is gmail?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Maybe i'm being paranoid but if china is blocking it itself, how safe is it to avoid this with an easily detectable proxy? Might be worried that they might not be so easy on foreigners either. The stories would keep me from doing such a thing.

Tor might be what you're looking for. There's also an easy plugin for firefox that just has "tor enable" button you click.

There lots of web proxies out there such as proxify and hidemyass etc.

If those don't work (as they often disable "post" which you have to use to login), you could ask a friend to set up an ssh server that will forward all your traffic through it (or in equivalent proxy server). You'd use putty and set up tunneling with it. If you're willing to leave your computer on and accept the security responsibility you can set up your own computer from home. Running linux would be the easiest way to set it up. If you're interested there's a few tweaks you'd have to set up in order for it to work and be secure. I'll tell you more if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

search for issues relating to " Haystack " its a freeware prog. they used in Iran at time of protest developed by a guy from San. Fran.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

(posting to sub on mobile theme)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanks guys!

I was talking to guy I bumped into and said proxys likes hidemyass work over there. I only really need in for Facebook I think so I am not to worried!!

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement