Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anybody read this masterpiece by Jhonen Vasquez? Who's that you ask? The guy who made Invader Zim, that's who. It's absolute class and really messes with your head. Highly recommended especially for Zim fans. (I.E. everyone)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I have a copy of the director's cut of JTHM nestled in amongst my graphic novels. Definitely worth a look especially if you want more of the likes of Zim, which many of us miss dearly. :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Squee's Big Book of Unspeakable Horrors (or whatever it was called) is also worth a look, not least because it includes the "meanwhile" strips that were originally backups in the single issues but weren't in the JTHM collection.

Oddly enough, Bear has a certain amount in common with JTHM though it's a bit more whimsical and less murderous. OK, except for the bits with Looshkin...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

JTHM is easily my favourite comic series of all time, though I Feel Sick does come a close second. Nny is badass and Vasquez is awesome. I wish he'd do more Johnny, but I doubt if it will ever happen. A man can dream though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Dytalus wrote: »
    JTHM is easily my favourite comic series of all time, though I Feel Sick does come a close second. Nny is badass and Vasquez is awesome. I wish he'd do more Johnny, but I doubt if it will ever happen. A man can dream though....

What the hell has he been doing ever since Zim? Why won't he make more comics?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

Reckoner91 wrote: »
    What the hell has he been doing ever since Zim? Why won't he make more comics?

I'm not entirely sure. I believe he's done the story to a few comic where friends have done the actual artwork. I also heard rumours that he's involved in some movie project. It's all word of mouth though, I have no clue what's actually going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 larryburns

J.T.H.M GREAT COMIC!!!!!SICK ARTWORK..ESPECIALLY HAPPY NOOODLE BOY...:D.

Id love to see some new works Jhonen Vasques,the world needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

"I feel sick" is a lesser known two parter he did- with one of the characters from JTHM, the girl who he dates briefly (and who is at the other end of the phone call near the end)
    Very much worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Anna13

larryburns wrote: »
    J.T.H.M GREAT COMIC!!!!!SICK ARTWORK..ESPECIALLY HAPPY NOOODLE BOY...:D.

Id love to see some new works Jhonen Vasques,the world needs it.

SO confusing ...

Advertisement