Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whimpering Dog Advert

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Have you heard the radio advert playing on Newstalk, and possibly other stations, for the whimpering dog that phones 999?
    Its heart breaking, enough to make me get off my ass and make a donation to the ISPCA. They should be commended on their advertising skill, its one hell of a good advert, i hope they get a lot more donations in because of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, it's a great ad, but is it not for the DSPCA?

Very irritating that all these groups can't unite under the ISPCA banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

You're right it is the DSPCA, but i thought that was just the Dublin branch of the ISPCA.
    I'm not from Dublin so the ISPCA got my donation:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Some SPCA's are afilliated(sp?) with the ISPCA but some aren't, like the CSPCA, so maybe that's why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Laura_Lyons

The ad about the 999 call with the dog whimpering was commissioned by the DUBLIN S.P.C.A. It and all of the S.P.C.A's are completely seperate from each other. Im glad people are donating and the money is going towards the animals somewhere but it would be great if the media & fundfraising team in the Dublin S.P.C.A could see the fruits of their labour.

Advertisement