Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Engineering courses?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking at doing CAE&D next year but I'm unsure if I'll get the required points or not. I was planning on having the other engineering courses in this group on my cao as a backup always with the intention of swapping into CAE&D. Is this wise? How easy is it to switch, is everyone allowed switch freely or is there complications? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DesQ2

I'm a 1st yr Biomedical eng student and i can switch freely between Mech, aero and caed eng, because in 1st yr we all do the same subjects.

There's no problem swapping once you pass 1st yr!

Just check that their still doing that next yr but i'm sure they will be.

Best of luck with it!!

If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me or ask on this forum.

DesQ

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

You're best bet would be to email the course director or UL admissions office because I vaguely remember hearing or reading somewhere (no idea where) that you can switch between the courses no problem as long as you have the points. I may be completely wrong, but you should email them to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DesQ2

Email the course director just to be sure but the change doesn't rely on the points of the leaving its if you pass 1st yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Begs the question then why there's such a limit on the CAED places if you can switch freely into it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

hi gloryutd i switched courses last year and it's not that hard if your goin for cae&d you will be doin the mechinal engineering course untill after coop
    the demand for the course is;nt that high there is only one perrson doing it in my year

all you have to do to switch between cae&d bio mech and aero at the end of first year is apply to do it in the unavercity

• Advertisement
Advertisement