Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Fulham 11 Apr 2010, KO: 15:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

joe123 wrote: »
    David Ngog is simply not good enough to play for liverpool. We never look like scoring when he leads the line.

That's a bit harsh, he's been in and out of the side this season and still managed 7 goals. Not bad for a complete unknown in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

That's a bit harsh, he's been in and out of the side this season and still managed 7 goals. Not bad for a complete unknown in fairness.

he is very young as well isn't he? Considering he has made alot of apperances this season coming on as a sub he has done well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah.

He defo deserves it IMO. Unfashionable as he may be - it would simply make a mockery of the idea of merit if he was not even considered.

EDIT: Talking about Zamora - not David N'goliath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

David Ngog is simply not good enough to play for liverpool. We never look like scoring when he leads the line.

That's just nonsense. We've already had a decent amount of chances in this half already, even with Fulham sitting deep and having come to Anfield with a park the bus approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You really don't like NGog, this is about the millionth post you've had about not rating him i'd say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:pac: Ridiculous cross from Aquilani.

Think ref was right to leave Greening on, woulda ruined the game. Plus, he'll probably be gone in a while anyway.

Has Greening already been booked?? Cos that was a definite yellow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Not bad yeah but what we need is better than "not bad". We lose Torres to another club and you can connect the dots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

That's just nonsense. We've already had a decent amount of chances in this half already, even with Fulham sitting deep and having come to Anfield with a park the bus approach.

Im on about when Ngog is on the ball. Hes a great man for holding up the ball and taking it down with back to goal. But he plays in slow motion. He does these daft stepovers that look as slow. And his awareness of whats around him is terrible.

How often do you see Ngog make space for himself and rifle in a fierce shot? Babel does it more than he does.

noodler wrote: »
    Ah.

He defo deserves it IMO. Unfashionable as he may be - it would simply make a mockery of the idea of merit if he was not even considered.

EDIT: Talking about Zamora - not David N'goliath.

Yeah - I just found it funny that the fans were suggesting that he'd be picked on the basis of this game.

• Advertisement

Not bad yeah but what we need is better than "not bad". We lose Torres to another club and you can join the dots.

?

Obviously if we lose Torres we'd be bringing in another 1st choice striker, which is not what NGog is...he would still remain backup regardless what happens.

How often do you see Ngog make space for himself and rifle in a fierce shot? Babel does it more than he does.

That is ALL Babel does.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Has Greening already been booked?? Cos that was a definite yellow!!

Yeah had already been booked - ref bottled it imo - not wanting to ruin the game is not remotely a legitimate reason for not sending someone off.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You really don't like NGog, this is about the millionth post you've had about not rating him i'd say..

It just really saddens me to see the state of some of the players we have to play anymore. Remember the days when we actually had a few decent strikers. Now its Torres....all the way down to a lad who imo would seriously struggle to start in ANY other premiership team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I watched him in the warmup at Anfield in January for the Spurs game.
    They were practicing shooting and he tucked every one of them away with insane accuracy.
    He can finish no doubt ,just needs to develop a cool head and improve his reading of the game and ability to create that bit of space.

He is very very young and too early to say how good he really is.
    Same can be said for Lucas, both have been thrown in the deep end this season.

It just really saddens me to see the state of some of the players we have to play anymore. Remember the days when we actually had a few decent strikers. Now its Torres....all the way down to a lad who imo would seriously struggle to start in ANY other premiership team.

tbh for this season, while i would prefer better backup, it doesn't bother me too much with Jovanovic looking to be on his way in the summer. Definate step up from N'Gog, leaving him as third choice which is probably more realistic.

• Advertisement

Blame the owners, not a lad who just turned 21 last week.

I'd imagine quite a lot of other clubs in the premiership would be delighted to have Dave in their squads.

Dcully wrote: »
    I watched him in the warmup at Anfield in January.
    They were practicing shooting and he tucked every one of them away with insane accuracy.
    He can finish no doubt ,just needs to develop a cool head and improve his reading of the game and ability to create that bit of space.

He is very very young and too early to say how good he really is.
    Same can be said for Lucas, both have been thrown in the deep end this season.

Ive read before that hes supposed to be a good finisher but we havent seen that at all this season. Even with his 7 goals nearly all of them if not all? have been tap ins or flicks or just abouts...

His problem is that he takes too long to do anything. Hes not the type of player that can make space for himself and when hes about to pull the trigger its always taken away from him before it does.

Im happy for him to develop at the club but to have relied on him so much this season is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Aquilani getting a few good shots in.

Dave showed pretty tasty awareness in the box there to pick out Aquilani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

think Ngog looks like a good player tbh.

• Advertisement

Dave showed pretty tasty awareness in the box there to pick out Aquilani

That was maxi who picked him out :) But yeah he did good there.

We are playing at such a slow tempo. I really hate Carraghers long ball thing he does every now and again.

Gah !!!

Come on put he ball in the back of the net.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive read before that hes supposed to be a good finisher but we havent seen that at all this season. Even with his 7 goals nearly all of them if not all? have been tap ins or flicks or just abouts...

His problem is that he takes too long to do anything. Hes not the type of player that can make space for himself and when hes about to pull the trigger its always taken away from him before it does.

Im happy for him to develop at the club but to have relied on him so much this season is ridiculous.

I hear ya man, i still think we should give him time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I like the idea of Aquilani playing off the striker with Gerrard in central midfield. He's shown to have an eye for a quick pass and a good shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I though this thread was about the liverpool fulham match, not about david Ngog. Anybody tell us how the match is going?

I though this thread was about the liverpool fulham match, not about david Ngog. Anybody tell us how the match is going?

Game played in Fulhams half but we cant break them down.

Liverpool camped in Fulham's third but can't get the ball in the back of the net

Possession last 5 minutes 77% for Liverpool

Suggested Subs:
    Babel and Maxi off
    Benni and Kuyt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Someone needs to put the ball in the net at some point, everyone getting and missing half chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sounds like we need nando out there today :(

Bah, keep Aquaman on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Thats a loada my bollox, taking our best player off ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Personally, i think pongolle was a far superior footballer at 21 than ngog is. The only attribute id have ngog ahead of him is strength/holding up the ball.

Anyway, i dont like criticising young players, if him or insua were scouse and came through the academy we wouldnt here a peep of criticism of either of them imo.

Why isnt yossi being brought on. With so many bodies in around the box I could easily see him winning us a penalty.

Yossi time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

C'mon pool, scoooooore!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Fulham are impressively well organised

Fulham are defining parking the bus today :(

You know its been frustrating when carra pops up having a strike from 30 yards.

That'll be the end of that if we don't score.

City are all over Brum and I can't see them holding out for the second half.

• Advertisement

Pacheco for maxi??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

would love to see pacheco score

Come on Pacheco!

Penalty to City. We are fcuked.

A little bit of gile with pacheco could unlock the door

Should havehad Pachecotake the free when he cameon

• Advertisement

3 minutes...

Man C v Brum
    3-1 to city looks like game over. :(

Stream just died...

Nando needs to show the rest of the team how to put the ball in the net... all over the entire match and not one goal... shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Out of 4th now

Out of 4th now

Yeah that'll be pretty much that.

Could be us out of fourth for a while tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement