Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Fulham 11 Apr 2010, KO: 15:00

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Bye bye 4th for real now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

disappointing

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

**** it anyway. win the rest of em and its 68 points, may be enough, but not likely to be enough or to happen. **** it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Pile of sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was already gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

We badly badly need a goal scoring forward. Saying that we were unlucky not to score, great saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

**** **** **** **** ****. A bad day for Liverpool football club. We might not see another champions league spot for a long time to come.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ffs, poor display, just couldn't break them down even with all the ball. Europa has cost us badly, mostly through lack of proper prioritisation of games.

We can now concentrate on the Europa cup :o

We didn't deserve 4th and never have this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

We don't even deserve 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gutted of course. But.. we never deserved 4th place whatsoever be it from todays performance or based on the entire season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thank you Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

joe123 wrote: »
    **** **** **** **** ****. A bad day for Liverpool football club. We might not see another champions league spot for a long time to come.

I just worry that City will pretty much have that spot wrapped up - they now have the CL football to go with the cash. (Could someone remind me who they are likely to have to play in the qualifying round?)

I worry Arsenal's spot is going to be the more realistic aim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Thank you Fulham

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Terrible substitutions by Benitez, particularly the Aquilani one. We were appalling for the last 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

city gettin 4th is bad news for the whole league-the calibre of player they can attract will imo mean they'll move straight to challenging for the title. it'll be between Arsenal,Liverpool and Spurs for the 4th CL spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I think its shocking that we employed the same tactic for 90 mins when clearly it was being dealt with so comfortably by Fulham. I dont think iv ever seen us get as many balls into the box from crosses , each of them bread & butter for Fulhams defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

This could be a blessing in disguise not getting 4th this season. City look like they have it sown up. Concentrate now on getting the best finish we can in League terms and go out and win the Europa League end of.

We lacked the extra edge today, we were all over them. That stems from last summer, in fairness to N'gog he has done very well for someone coming as stand in for Torres.

Yanks Out!!!

All out now to win the Europa League **** it, to win for a record 4th time is surely something to get out of a frustrating season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    city gettin 4th is bad news for the whole league-the calibre of player they can attract will imo mean they'll move straight to challenging for the title. it'll be between Arsenal,Liverpool and Spurs for the 4th CL spot.

tbh I'd add Utd to that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mancini will be there next season and they will be fighting for fourth imo. Don't rate him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

noodler wrote: »
    I just worry that City will pretty much have that spot wrapped up - they now have the CL football to go with the cash. (Could someone remind me who they are likely to have to play in the qualifying round?)

I worry Arsenal's spot is going to be the more realistic aim.

Good result for Fulham they did well considering they've nothing to play for in the league really (I know higher finish means more prize money but once teams out of Europe hunt and not in relegation fight easy for them to just float through the season.)

For the champ league qualifier they would have to play one of the seeded leagues runner ups. I'm not upto date on what leagues are seeded though. think that means they could get the scottish 2nd place team (only based on the fact Arsenal got them this season) but I'd fancy them to beat Celtic tbh the way Celtic have been playing lately :D. They could get a spanish team though so could be tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    This could be a blessing in disguise not getting 4th this season. City look like they have it sown up. Concentrate now on getting the best finish we can in League terms and go out and win the Europa League end of.

We lacked the extra edge today, we were all over them. That stems from last summer, in fairness to N'gog he has done very well for someone coming as stand in for Torres.

Yanks Out!!!

All out now to win the Europa League **** it, to win for a record 4th time is surely something to get out of a frustrating season.

Winning the Europa League would still be a failure.

And no matter what, missing out on 4th will never be a blessing in disguise.

Mancini will be there next season and they will be fighting for fourth imo. Don't rate him at all.

For years if someone took a potshot at a Liverpool manager I could always use the league standings as some kind of defense.

It would be a little hypocritical of me to stop doing this now.

Obviously our form has helped their cause but that is not their concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

SantryRed wrote: »
    Winning the Europa League would still be a failure.

And no matter what, missing out on 4th will never be a blessing in disguise.

The summer will tell all in regards to 4th, if the American ***** sell up I think I would be right in saying missing out would be a blessing in disguise.

Our first European trophy was the UEFA Cup if it was good for Bill Shankly, eh **** its good enough for me. The season as a whole would be a failure towards our expectations at the start of the season. But to win a trophy could kick-start our trophy winning mentality like it did for United in 1991 by winning the Cup Winners Cup.

Our first European trophy was the UEFA Cup if it was good for Bill Shankly, eh **** its good enough for me.

How romantic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Are those four spots sewn up for next season. Not so sure There has never been that much between ourselves and Arsenal. Remember they finished 30 points ahead of us one season and we eventually bridged that gap. If the investment is there we have a chance next season. But we have to think big in the transfer market. Really need to buy one or two Quality players.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Ye we might aswel go all out and win the Europa League, but it will not paper over the cracks that are evident for all to see. It means **** all to me tbh, irrespective of whether it was our first european trophy...times have changed. Back then only the league winners got into the european cup and the europa league (or whatever it was called at that time) was a little more prestigious.
    And I fail to see how not getting 4th place will be a blessing in disguise. If anything it is more worring this year than years gone by with the players City will be able to attract....huge wages AND cl football...worrying time IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Huge result for Spurs, puts them back in it after their **** up. They can still afford to drop points and win it based on beating City if they take their other crap games.

This is going to go to the absolute wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The summer will tell all in regards to 4th, if the American ***** sell up I think I would be right in saying missing out would be a blessing in disguise.

thb i think the opposite in terms of new owners. G&H have had plenty of interest over the past few seasons but they consistently want more money then is being offered. Without the champions league, the offers are only going to lessen, so it could actually make more sense to G&H for them to hold out for another year to see if we get CL football in a years time and the valuation will rise.

Their asset has just dropped in value, financially, that makes it stupid to sell now.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Thank you Fulham
    A lot of football to be played still.

• Advertisement

A lot of football to be played still.

Its over though.

Better to accept it now tbh.

noodler wrote: »
    Its over though.

Better to accept it now tbh.
    Yeah but City still not assured fourth spot. But are probably favourites to win it. But as today proved no certainties in football.

Spurs' fixtures will see to them if thats what your getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

karma_ wrote: »
    tbh I'd add Utd to that list.

Why?

Apologies but have only gotten round to seeing highlights now. Feel we have to hold on to Aqua. If he can stay injury free he can grow into that role and good to see a good pro like Gary Speed giving him the thumbs up

Advertisement