Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Options - Circa €80-90K to spend...

• 11-04-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I'm currently looking at what my next car will be. I'll more than likely be purchasing the car this time next year but I'm currently trying to narrow the field down.

I was going to hold out until the new M3 was out and spend a little bit more on it but I just want to see what else is out there.

Currently I'm looking along the lines of:

08 Porsche 911 - Would probably come in around €85K
    07 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Probably around €85 - 90K
    08 Maserati Granturismo - €90K

I'm wondering if there's anything else out there and what you guys think about the cars that I've mentioned above. Naturally the prices above are based on current prices so presumably I'd be able to get a year newer for my money when I actually go to change.

Of the cars above I think the Maserati would be the most interesting to me but I feel the actual cost of bringing would of the in would probably work out more than 90K.

Any opinions would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Boards recommends you get 5 x Skoda Octavia :D
    Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm currently looking at what my next car will be. I'll more than likely be purchasing the car this time next year but I'm currently trying to narrow the field down.

I was going to hold out until the new M3 was out and spend a little bit more on it but I just want to see what else is out there.

I'm wondering if there's anything else out there and what you guys think about the cars that I've mentioned above. Naturally the prices above are based on current prices so presumably I'd be able to get a year newer for my money when I actually go to change.

Of the cars above I think the Maserati would be the most interesting to me but I feel the actual cost of bringing would of the in would probably work out more than 90K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

feck that you could buy a couple of houses down the country for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

For me i would hold for M3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Shane732 wrote: »

Welcome to the(look at me, i've loads of money thread) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What about the new rs5 or a new A8 the new 3.0 tdi is fantastic and has the low tax. I have a 07 and the tax is cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

So I take it the new NAMA job is going well for you then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im taking this at face value as going back over your previous posts there is nothing telling that you may be a 15 year old with great aspirations.

80-90k is a good amount to spend. Personally I would not wait for the new M3 because I wouldn't be able to wait. You have it into your head that you want a new car so good luck with trying to wait. ;)

How about the C63 AMG? Straight out of the box for that price and a stonking car so long as you don't buy the white one. Looks very cheap IMO.

The Masserati is the car you buy when you know about cars but are not making a HUGE statement about your income. Rather like buying an Aston Martin instead of a Ferrari. Understated to a certain extent. I like the Masserati on certain levels but because I think the front is fugly I couldn't add it to my dream car list.(which came crashing down again last night when I didn't win the Lottery).

So for me outside of your suggestions, hate the Porsche - successful hairdressers car, Mercedes C63 it is.

EDIT See Post #10 I may be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not bad for a 20 year old I guess

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65226786#post65226786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I might stand to be corrected in that case.

Either he is a rich 20 year old or wasting people's time.

Im going to assume the way the country is that "Doddy" will not be buying him an M3 anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

OP, are you really in the market for one of these cars? I'd probably be starting a "how much will my insurance be?" thread long before I decide on my first supercar...

professore wrote: »
    So I take it the new NAMA job is going well for you then ?

Comments like these are pointless and not welcome. Don't bother next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dam your fast, I scanned it but didnt see the detail. another expensive post fail :(

Stop people its not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Erkhan

Man, asking a questions like this is boorish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

You know what? Thread closed.

From where I sit, the original post is stupid, and the replies have been stupider.

OP, if this is a legitimate question and you really are in the market for one of these cars, PM me and I'll reopen the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement