Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Modified controllers

• 11-04-2010 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I've pretty much given up on mw2, due to boosters etc. I'm now back playing waw and to be honest, I kind of prefer this game due to the lack of glitches and no boosting etc.
    Lately though, I have seen a huge rise in the number of folk using rifles like machine guns (even seen a Springfield firing quicker than an mp40 lol)
    I normally report these gamers for tampering (cheating)
    is this viewed as cheating by ms?
    If ms were to ban everyone cheating and using a mod on this game, then how come these eejits have absolutely no fear in blatantly using the mods?

Also I am well capable of dropshooting in waw (in fact it's one of my specialities) but inhave noticed more and more folk who nit only dropshoot, but they seem to be able to slide across the floor/ground at lightning speeds, is this due to mod controllers also, or is there more to dropshooting than what I know about it?

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Some offenses warrant an immediate account cancellation, including but not limited to hacking, modding, severe racial remarks, continued creation of profane gamertags, and posting viruses or URLs to viruses.

Unfortunately, while soft mods are easy to identify as the game developer can easily differentiate what should be there and what shouldn't, hard mods are a lot harder to deal with. After all, what if, and believe me there are people that can do this, the person you're assuming is modding is in fact just extremely trigger happy and can actually fire at that speed. I know for some guns, it's obvious they're using a mod, but in some cases it's not quite so obvious. Microsoft can't be too forward when it comes to dealing with hard mods, as they would be up to their eyeballs in law suits.

Gucky wrote: »
    Lately though, I have seen a huge rise in the number of folk using rifles like machine guns (even seen a Springfield firing quicker than an mp40 lol)

Happens in MW2 as well. People fire the single-shot FAL faster than your fully automatic assault rifle. Some people might have modded-controllers. Maybe some are just twitchy :/

Advertisement