Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time of year to look for good properties (rental)?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

We (myself, my husband and our child) are currently renting and our lease is up at the end of August, we have a lovely house, but need somewhere bigger. We're considering asking the landlord to extend at the end of the lease. This is in order for us to be looking for a new house at a better time of year, if that makes sense.

Is there a particular time of year that is peak renting season? When are most properties on the market? I know the seasons often follow colleges etc, but we aren't interested in a student type property, we'd be looking for a nice house in D15.

Any advice, or does the time of year not really matter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Time of year doesnt matter, it's only one house that you need to find that suits your needs that could become available anytime. Summertime would be a great time to move as the days are longer and hopefully not wet for lugging things in and out of the house.

No doubt there's loads of rental properties in D15 as it's such a huge area! Start looking nearer the end of your lease

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There tends to be a larger number after the summer letting period is over, although in a University city that may not apply of course.

Needs some care as many are for six months only and they are not always very clear about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Thanks.

Advertisement