Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Options - Circa €80-90K to spend...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

draffodx wrote: »
    If you had a GTR would your mother be driving it during the week and you just taking it for an occasional spin on the weekends?

I just dont buy it myself to be honest

I'm not asking you to buy into anything. I was simply putting a set of (hypothetical) facts forward.

Take the GTR out of the equation and replace is with a Tida. The fundamentals of who the main drive is should hold through regardless of the type of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

This is thread is a joke by the way. I know this guy and he doesn't have a shilling to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I love when people back up statements with proof ^

As Chris said it will be up to the insurer, some may have restrictions on named drivers some might not and might not pass any remarks of who drives the car.

The point I was trying to make was that the comment from MarkN was extremely harsh and ill-founded.

As you can see from the mini discussion we've had on it since it's not clear who the main driver is in certain circumstances.

Anyway time to move on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The car would have to be in your name in order for you to be the main driver on the car. Vice versa for your mother. It has nothing to do with mileage or who drives the car on what days. Remember you take out your insurance policy under the previso of "upmost good faith".

So, if you wanted to be a named driver on the car, it would need to be registered in her name.

Now, here's the complicated bit if I remember right. If your mother has two insurance policies i.e. one for her car and one for your GTR, your caught. Likewise if she has her own car registered in her name. If you had an accident your insurance company wouldn't be long about catching you out.

This idea has been brought up before, but I think the con's outweighted the pro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm not asking you to buy into anything. I was simply putting a set of (hypothetical) facts forward.

Take the GTR out of the equation and replace is with a Tida. The fundamentals of who the main drive is should hold through regardless of the type of car.

They do, however an insurance company will pay much more attention to a GTR and the drivers on its policy than on a Tiida because of the much higher risk.
    As you can see from the mini discussion we've had on it since it's not clear who the main driver is in certain circumstances.

It is clear, the registered owner of the car will be the insurance policy holder and main driver.

Whats not clear is how much a named driver can get away with using the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This is thread is a joke by the way. I know this guy and he doesn't have a shilling to spare.

See post #2 in this thread please. I don't give a crap if it's a joke or not, it's an excuse for me to look at nice shiny cars.

Ahh sure Billy we go way back.... Do you remember that night we spent sleeping rough out on Grafton Street after begging for the day. That was a cold one

Jesus to think how far we've come - we've both managed to nick laptops since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

The point I was trying to make was that the comment from MarkN was extremely harsh and ill-founded.

Not at all, your knowledge (or lack) of basic insurance rules suggest inexperience. There's nothing wrong with asking questions but it's slightly worrying with the type of cars being discussed here for you as a potential purchase. Inexperience and cars like this do not go well together that's all I'm saying.

since it's not clear who the main driver is in certain circumstances.

It's actually very clear. The registered owner of a vehicle is the only person that can be insured as a main driver.

I love my mother dearly, I wouldn't be buying her a 100K car so I could drive it at the weekends though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

MarkN wrote: »
    .....Don't mean to be negative and I certainly don't begrudge you any of these cars as I have my own but it's worrying that you don't know what a main driver is on a policy but could be handed a car with 500+bhp!!

...especially when you consider that when you start motorcycling, for instance, new riders are confined by licence, to different power outputs, for certain periods (years, btw....)

With car's it's just a matter of if you can afford it.....and you can drive whatever you like..........Mad, Ted.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Not at all, your knowledge (or lack) of basic insurance rules suggest inexperience. There's nothing wrong with asking questions but it's slightly worrying with the type of cars being discussed here for you as a potential purchase. Inexperience and cars like this do not go well together that's all I'm saying.

It's actually very clear. The registered owner of a vehicle is the only person that can be insured as a main driver.

I love my mother dearly, I wouldn't be buying her an M3 so I could drive it at the weekends though.

So only the registered owner can be the main driver? I don't think this is correct.

If X is the registered owner of a car but Y drive is all the time. Who is the main driver?

Some insurance companies even go as far as to ask who is the main driver of the car and who is the registered owner. If only the registered owner can be the main driver then why ask this?

The registered owner is the main driver. Legally.

I said it before, but remember, utmost good faith and all that. Its caught a few 20 something's out before, including me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

So only the registered owner can be the main driver? I don't think this is correct.

If X is the registered owner of a car but Y drive is all the time. Who is the main driver?

Some insurance companies even go as far as to ask who is the main driver of the car and who is the registered owner. If only the registered owner can be the main driver then why ask this?

as stated before, contact your insurance company and get the proper answer....

Main driver and registered owner can be seperate.... but an insurable interest is needed.
    I am not sure your mother can have an insurable interest in your car..

your spouse can .... but your mother ????

I do find it odd that you are willing to spend 80k on car and wont pay for proper insurance.....

I've never seen this myself but I assume it could be to catch you out

Extract from the AA website:

Main driver

The main driver is the person who is in charge of the vehicle most often, which means they are the person who makes the most journeys as the car's driver. It's important to be honest here, as insurers can invalidate a claim if they believe they have received inaccurate information about the main driver.

If you want to insure the car for a son or daughter (who is the main driver) you must tell us that they are the main driver. When you add your son or daughter as an additional driver you can specify that they will be the car's main driver.

http://www.theaa.com/car-insurance/help.html

It's from their English site but I'd imagine the basis of insurance in the UK is pretty similar to Ireland.

The extract is in contrast to what you said.

Ok this isn't conclusive proof as the AA could well be incorrect in what they are saying or possibly the definition of what constitutes a main driver may vary from insurance company to insurance company.

I would argue that my knowledge (or lack of knowledge) of basic insurance principles in decent enough. You might consider your own level of knowledge (or lack of) before questioning mine.

As the mods have said I think the only way to definitively find out would be to ask your insurance company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I said it before, but remember, utmost good faith and all that. Its caught a few 20 something's out before, including me.

And this is the crux of it Shane, is it your car and you're using the named driver thing to decrease your premium? Is it your mother's car and you're just doing the research for her?
    If she actually decides to use it for commuting in and out of work, and you only get to use it at the weekends, would you be annoyed?

The main question to ask yourself is, if you were an insurance investigator following this Nissan GTR/Aston/Porsche for an hour everyday, at random times, for two weeks straight, and you knew nothing about the details of who was the registered owner and who held the insurance policy, who would you conclude the owner/main driver was - the son or his mother?

Extract from the AA website:

Main driver

The main driver is the person who is in charge of the vehicle most often, which means they are the person who makes the most journeys as the car's driver. It's important to be honest here, as insurers can invalidate a claim if they believe they have received inaccurate information about the main driver.

If you want to insure the car for a son or daughter (who is the main driver) you must tell us that they are the main driver. When you add your son or daughter as an additional driver you can specify that they will be the car's main driver.

http://www.theaa.com/car-insurance/help.html

It's from their English site but I'd imagine the basis of insurance in the UK is pretty similar to Ireland.

The extract is in contrast to what you said.

Ok this isn't conclusive proof as the AA could well be incorrect in what they are saying or possibly the definition of what constitutes a main driver may vary from insurance company to insurance company.

I would argue that my knowledge (or lack of knowledge) of basic insurance principles in decent enough. You might consider your own level of knowledge (or lack of) before questioning mine.

As the mods have said I think the only way to definitively find out would be to ask your insurance company.

From what I can tell they are just telling you what constitutes as a 'main driver'. Perhaps the legalities of it have been changed to suit the Celtic Tiger and kids using the named driver thing to get cheaper insurance or something but when I started to drive, the person that takes out the insurance, the main driver, had to be the registered owner of the vehicle too.

The AA site only mentions letting the insurance company know that the son/daughter will be the main driver.

In doing this an insurance company will then probably insist the main driver become the registered owner.

In any case it would wipe out any savings that would have been gained by being a named driver

I'm almost 99% certain that the main driver has to be the registered owner. The only exception is where a fleet policy is in place.

This is turning into an insurance debate which is not what I want at all. If and when I purchase any of the cars mentioned throughout this thread they will be insured correctly.

The point of this thread was to help me with ideas of cars in my price range. It has done that as I wasn't really thinking about a GTR prior to this thread.

I suggest that we all let the area of insurance go for the moment. If anyone has any other suggestions of cars then feel free to post them up - otherwise I'll revert to you all once I've driven the GTR.

Thank you to the mods for letting this thread go ahead in the first place and apologies for the slightly chaotic scenes tonight!

Chris your last post is noted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The whole thing is mad to me. Why pay 100k on a car and then not go about fully insuring it under your own name? That would be insane in my opinion. Are you buying beyond your budget or what? Like someone mentioned earlier, money shouldnt be an issue here especially when you claim to have 100k to fork out on one of these cars. If you cant afford to insure it properly, then why are you trying to buy a car so expensive?

I cant get my head around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Lads....in fairness we only know he has €80-€90k to spend on the actual car itself, not on insurance et all, so who knows!

I'd well be assuming he has a pretty couple thousand sitting there for himself to be legal if he's gonna go ahead with this!

Sorry for saying 'he' so much, Shane :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

The insurance policy has to be in the registered vehicle owner's name. If you will be driving the vehicle more than your mother, you can be put down as the main driver but the policy is then loaded in reference to yourself. May aswell take it out in your own name then.

BTW this is my option for ya;

Bently Continental GT in black - 60k

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Bentley/Continental/GT/201004196720722/advert?channel=CARS

teednab-el wrote: »
    The whole thing is mad to me. Why pay 100k on a car and then not go about fully insuring it under your own name? That would be insane in my opinion. Are you buying beyond your budget or what? Like someone mentioned earlier, money shouldnt be an issue here especially when you claim to have 100k to fork out on one of these cars. If you cant afford to insure it properly, then why are you trying to buy a car so expensive?

I cant get my head around it.

You know what they say, a man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a penis (heaven) for?!! :D

I won't be spending €100K on a car either. It'll be €80 - €90K.

The car will 100% be insured properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The car will 100% be insured properly.

what I mean is that you should be insuring it 100% under your own name, not as a named driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The insurers will laugh their arse off if the OP insures in mothers name with him as named driver & doesnt declare himself to be the main driver.
    If he does declare himself to be main driver, the policy will cost the same as putting the car in him name. The insurers dont have a problem with the owner not being the main driver as long as the owner is the insured & also declared who exactly the main driver is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Despite this entire thread reeking of the faeces from a certain adult male bovine mammal... there's something seriously not quite right with a quote of 1800eu on a 21yo male, even as a named driver, for an 80k GTR.

Yesterday I was quoted (for fully comp mind you) an extra 1600eu onto my dads policy to get insured as a named driver onto his 2.3 CX7 for only the 10 months left on his year... and I'm 3 years older and I've no doubt got more years NCB and years experience on my full license than the OP.

I know it's been said before, but who the fk buys an 80k car and goes named driver on it? It's like pulling up to a McD's drive-thru window in a Phantom.

This thread is becoming less and less believable as the days go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Meh. I'm saying nada but I'll give another example. My friend has a (half?) years no claims, one years named driver on parents car and when he got his own car (micra) in august, with his full license, 19 years old and went under his dad's name on the micra it cost them 1800.

Vertakill wrote: »
    Despite this entire thread reeking of the faeces from a certain adult male bovine mammal... there's something seriously not quite right with a quote of 1800eu on a 21yo male, even as a named driver, for an 80k GTR.

Yesterday I was quoted (for fully comp mind you) an extra 1600eu onto my dads policy to get insured as a named driver onto his 2.3 CX7 for only the 10 months left on his year... and I'm 3 years older and I've no doubt got more years NCB and years experience on my full license than the OP.

I know it's been said before, but who the fk buys an 80k car and goes named driver on it? It's like pulling up to a McD's drive-thru window in a Phantom.

This thread is becoming less and less believable as the days go by.

In relation to this thread being less and less believable as the days go by - I'll have no problem taking pictures and going to a boards meet to prove that I've bought the car whether it's a GTR, Aston, Porsche, Maserati, BMW or whatever. As I stated in the original post it could be up to 12 months before I've bought the car though.

In relation to the insurance quote. I'm currently driving a BMW 3 Series (E90) 2 litre. The insurance on that is just over €1,600 a year. With me as owner and main driver. The policy has full no claims bonus protection.

I've been driving my own car since I was 17 and thankfully to date have not had any incidents (Touches every wooden object in sight).

I do agree that the quote I got on the GTR was very low that's why I was asking if anyone had ever used 123.ie/travelers. I got the quote using their online system so you can check it if you really want to.

On another note here's a few nice Cayman's:

http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/porsche/cayman/for-sale/?1220123
    http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/porsche/cayman/for-sale/?1224750
    http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/porsche/cayman/for-sale/?1213971

I actually really like the Cayman's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Get yourself a Fiesta or something until you have proper amount of driving experience.

The last thing we need in this country is some young lad in a fast car with feck all experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I do agree that the quote I got on the GTR was very low that's why I was asking if anyone had ever used 123.ie/travelers. I got the quote using their online system so you can check it if you really want to.

For sh1ts & giggles, I thought I would try 123.ie to get a quote on a GTR with my details (33, full licence over 9 years, over 6 years NCB, Married with spouse as additional driver with same licence length) and look what I got:
    123tqf.jpg

I'm classed as very low risk (put in low mileage as it would be a weekend car :)) and I'm getting very, very low prices on normal cars as the norm, but anything sporty gives the same result via the on-line systems.

R.O.R wrote: »
    For sh1ts & giggles, I thought I would try 123.ie to get a quote on a GTR with my details (33, full licence over 9 years, over 6 years NCB, Married with spouse as additional driver with same licence length) and look what I got:
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7360/123tqf.jpg

I'm classed as very low risk (put in low mileage as it would be a weekend car :)) and I'm getting very, very low prices on normal cars as the norm, but anything sporty gives the same result via the on-line systems.

Online systems tend to only quote on cars valued up to €50k, so thats probably why your getting the No Quote page.

You'll have to ring to get a quote on a GTR.

Online systems tend to only quote on cars valued up to €50k, so thats probably why your getting the No Quote page.

You'll have to ring to get a quote on a GTR.

Was in response to this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Get yourself a Fiesta or something until you have proper amount of driving experience.

The last thing we need in this country is some young lad in a fast car with feck all experience.

He's been driving for at least 4 years and hasn't had one accident. How much more experience does he need before he can drive one of these cars?

^^^^

Shouldn't have been possible.

I cant check in work but can you check the T&C or assumptions page when getting a quote on 123.ie?

It should state how high a value of a car they will quote for, I think I remember it being €50k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Lads....in fairness we only know he has €80-€90k to spend on the actual car itself, not on insurance et all, so who knows!

I'd well be assuming he has a pretty couple thousand sitting there for himself to be legal if he's gonna go ahead with this!

Sorry for saying 'he' so much, Shane :P

Normally when most people buy a car they factor in the cost of getting the car insured on the road legally into their budget!

This includes for the OP
    • Tax (gonna be the top rate of the new tax regime) + possibly a carbon tax in the near future.
    • Insurance (as someone said why are you going buying a performance car when it cant be insured in ur own name)
    • Running and Maintenance costs (servicing and running a specialist vehicle like this is going to be expensive, parts are going to be expensive and hard to get, long lead times as the cars you looking at arent common on irish roads. Again who is going to service your vehicle if/when you do get it. Aston & Ferrari dealers arent exactly a dime a dozen in this country + ur going to be paying top dollar on any work that has to be carried out.
    • Then you have the initial price of the car + delivery charges (if new or importing from the UK)

For the above I would cut ur inital budget by at least 6-8k for the purchase price of the car.

Just out of curiosity what kind of vehicle are you moving up from?

^^^^

Shouldn't have been possible.

I cant check in work but can you check the T&C or assumptions page when getting a quote on 123.ie?

It should state how high a value of a car they will quote for, I think I remember it being €50k
    Travelers Insurance Company
    Private Motor Assumptions

You and Your Named Drivers:

1.hold a current Provisional Irish Licence or a Full Irish or EC Driving Licence and do not hold a PSV licence
    2.are currently resident in the Republic of Ireland and have permanently resided in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland or United Kingdom for 2 of the past 3 years
    3.have no more than 4 Penalty Points on your/their current driving licence
    4.have never been refused insurance or renewal of insurance or had special terms applied
    5.have never been disqualified from driving or had any endorsement imposed on your/their driving licence
    6.have not had 3 or more fault accidents or losses in the last 3 years and the total cost of these claims did not exceed € 35,000
    7.have not had more than 5 non-fault claims against your policy, including Windscreen damage claims
    8.have never been convicted of any Non-Road Traffic Act offence or have any convictions pending
    9.do not suffer from any disability or medical condition that would impair your ability to drive but if you do it has been reported to the relevant driver licensing authority and they have issued a licence to drive
    Drivers Occupations

1.You, the policyholder, are not employed in any of the following Occupations :
    Motor Mechanic or Motor Vehicle Salesperson
    Carriage, delivery or collection service of goods for Hire and Reward - Courier or Haulage Service
    Carriage of people for Hire and Reward - taxi, hackney, chauffer, vehicle hire
    2.All drivers, including You, are not employed in any of the following Occupations
    Driving Instruction or Tuition
    Embassy / Diplomatic Service
    Insurance History:

1.If you are aged 29 and younger or hold a Provisional driving licence you must have a minimum 1 year No Claim Bonus earned in your name within the last 2 years or a minimum of 1 year claims free driving as a named driver completed within the last 30 days
    2.The No Claim Bonus and Named Driving Experience has been earned driving in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland or the UK and in respect of a private motor policy and not a motorcycle or moped and you can provide proof of same from the Insurer (not Broker)
    Your Car:

1.is registered in the Republic of Ireland in your name or in the name of your legally married spouse
    2.is a private car taxed on a private basis and you are the main driver of the vehicle
    3.is valued less than € 250,000 and is not more than 20 years old
    4.has not been modified from the standard manufacturer’s specification
    5.has more than 2 seats but has less than 8 seats (unless a sports car with a standard specification of 2 seats only)
    6.is used in one of the following ways
    for social domestic and pleasure purposes including commuting to and from work or place of study (known as Social Domestic and Pleasure Use)
    OR
    is used for social domestic and pleasure purposes including commuting to and from work or place of study and used in connection with your/your spouse’s business other than
    the carriage of goods (not tools) or
    the carriage of passengers for hire or reward or
    for soliciting of commercial orders
    (known as Class 1 Use)

Good bit to go before it hits the max value thing.

How can you have full NCB on your BMW when you're 21? Did you take out a policy in your own name the day you turned 17? Even so, you would need to be 22 now to have a 5 year NCB (maybe you are 22)? And if so, then why would getting named even be an issue - surely you'd want to get your own policy and a 5 or more NCB would seriously cut your premium (I insured an M3 at 26 for €1,000 due to 7 years NCB)?

How can you have full NCB on your BMW when you're 21? Did you take out a policy in your own name the day you turned 17? Even so, you would need to be 22 now to have a 5 year NCB (maybe you are 22)? And if so, then why would getting named even be an issue - surely you'd want to get your own policy and a 5 or more NCB would seriously cut your premium (I insured an M3 at 26 for €1,000 due to 7 years NCB)?

I didn't mean full no claims bonus as in 5,6,7,8,9 years.

I meant full no claims bonus possible for my age.

Yes policy was taken out the day of my 17 birthday.

Sorry that was my mistake.

• Advertisement

123tqf.jpg

You mustn't be classed as that low risk of a driver!

I've attached 2 screenshots of a quote. I've covered a few bits in relation to personal details. I put the value down as €70,000 but that's really irrelevant to the quote.

This quote is in my own name!!

Why should I get myself a Fiesta? I'm not particularly keen on Fiesta's and it would be a step down from what I've got at the moment.

How do you know anything about driving experience?

Wasn't Lewis Hamilton 22/23 when he won the F1 championship? Give it a break with the feck all experience comments.

And before the comments start I'm not comparing myself to Lewis Hamilton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

He is right there - As a quick test I got a quote for the GT-R of 2,954.90 for a 21 y/o with 3 years no claim discount.

Not sure what you put in ROR

Normally when most people buy a car they factor in the cost of getting the car insured on the road legally into their budget!

This includes for the OP
    • Tax (gonna be the top rate of the new tax regime) + possibly a carbon tax in the near future.
    • Insurance (as someone said why are you going buying a performance car when it cant be insured in ur own name)
    • Running and Maintenance costs (servicing and running a specialist vehicle like this is going to be expensive, parts are going to be expensive and hard to get, long lead times as the cars you looking at arent common on irish roads. Again who is going to service your vehicle if/when you do get it. Aston & Ferrari dealers arent exactly a dime a dozen in this country + ur going to be paying top dollar on any work that has to be carried out.
    • Then you have the initial price of the car + delivery charges (if new or importing from the UK)

For the above I would cut ur inital budget by at least 6-8k for the purchase price of the car.

Just out of curiosity what kind of vehicle are you moving up from?

Moving up from a BMW 320 M-Sport with a few BMW Performance parts added.

Dummerboy has very kindly already done up some draft figures on a Porsche Cayman so I could get a feel for what type of maintenance costs would be involved with one of these cars.

Good bit to go before it hits the max value thing.

Mad, I could have sworn it was €50k and no older than 10 years the last time I tried 123.ie.

Thanks

voxpop wrote: »
    He is right there - As a quick test I got a quote for the GT-R of 2,954.90 for a 21 y/o with 3 years no claim discount.

I've just attached pictures of the same quote with full no claims bonus protection.

Thank you Voxpop.

• Advertisement

You mustn't be classed as that low risk of a driver!

I've attached 2 screenshots of a quote. I've covered a few bits in relation to personal details. I put the value down as €70,000 but that's really irrelevant to the quote.

This quote is in my own name!!
    voxpop wrote: »

OK - I had it in as a 2009 Black Edition with no tracker. Standard 2008 model with a tracker comes in at just over €900 fully comp. Just need to find the rest of the money to buy one now, as insurance is quite reasonable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Even if he is lying, so what? It doesn't really make any difference to the thread.
    All people are doing is saying "If I had €80k to spend on a car, I would buy............."

If only there was a jealous smilie I could insert here.

Seriously, he's mentioned numerous times he's driving a BMW atm. And, while young lads in fast cars might not be the best idea in the world, it's hardly the last thing we need in this country. I can think of a few worse things that we as a nation could do without besides a 21 year old in a GTR - Useless politicians & corrupt bankers spring to mind. There's probably others, although he might make 3rd on the list :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Even if he is lying, so what? It doesn't really make any difference to the thread.
    All people are doing is saying "If I had €80k to spend on a car, I would buy............."
    QUOTE]

+1
    The OP seems genuine to me.
    I believe the insurance Q was a "what if" and he seems to have been given the correct info regarding that.
    As far as the car to buy, I am no expert but at your age it would be the GTR !!
    The track days to become the driver the car deserves would be a great idea.
    Good luck :)

OK - I had it in as a 2009 Black Edition with no tracker. Standard 2008 model with a tracker comes in at just over €900 fully comp. Just need to find the rest of the money to buy one now, as insurance is quite reasonable :P

Holy **** €900 is unreal considering most people like €400 - €500 a year for a 2.0l even if they are in a low risk category and have full NCB.

I think with an insurance quote like that it's your obligation to buy a GTR. You can't not buy one when the insurance is such a steal :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    If only there was a jealous smilie I could insert here.
    :

But my friend, I'm not jealous, I'm very much happy driving what I have.

At least 'daddy' didn't pay for it aswell....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement