Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Options - Circa €80-90K to spend...

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm not sure exactly what this is but it looks to be some sort of light weight "NUR Spec F-Ti" GT-R.
    I'll have you know, I'm no expert on Japanese but I think this may be the ultimate version of the GT-R.

Carbon fiber seat... And everything else, boost controller and the lot.
    I also thing it says POA... I wish I could read this add, it's driving me nuts.

I want it... And a normal one for off the track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what this is but it looks to be some sort of light weight "NUR Spec F-Ti" GT-R.
    I'll have you know, I'm no expert on Japanese but I think this may be the ultimate version of the GT-R.

Carbon fiber seat... And everything else, boost controller and the lot.
    I also thing it says POA... I wish I could read this add, it's driving me nuts.

I want it... And a normal one for off the track.

It says that the website is down for maintenance and that they apologize for any inconvenience.

Another one of my many talents - I'm fluent in Japanese!! (The GTR should be no problem to me!! Of course the other explanation would be Google Translate - but we won't talk about that!

*Wets himself* :D:p

There's a Pagani Zonda for sale in the UK at the moment.....

http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/pagani/zonda/for-sale/?1246163

There unbelievably rare, even in the UK.

I wonder would I be able get them do knock about £720,000 off the list price and then convince the VRO that it's a Corsa?!

Edit: **** it's under 6,000 miles - I'd get done for VAT on it too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

now you're just showing off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Shane732 wrote: »
    Yeah I've been looking at that Porsche on carzone. It's a lovely looking car.

As you've pointed out the Aston is an auto. Auto is something I wouldn't be keen on I think it takes the fun out of driving. Even in the BMW I have at the moment the little bit of a thrill when you shift at the perfect point and the power is just there.

Agreed on the auto thing, they're for pensioners.

Yup that porsche is a beauty. I've driven a carrera 2 on a track too and have to say I loved it. Its such a well finished car too and looks great.

If I had the cash I'd be straight out to buy it, but I've always been a huge 911 fan :)

Edit: Actually just spotted that R8 linked above.. if you could get that it would be amazing.. I drove a Lambo Gallardo on the above mentioned track which is a similar car, and the performance is like nothing else I've ever experienced.

I would be pretty sure that the 911 would be a lot easier to live with day to day though... the Gallardos clutch was quite heavy etc, I'm sure you would get used to it though, I only did ~12 brisk miles in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

This yoke here ticks all the boxes......

triple-axle-hummer-limo.jpg

You want my advice? I think you should buy this car! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Shane732 wrote: »
    It says that the website is down for maintenance and that they apologize for any inconvenience.

Another one of my many talents - I'm fluent in Japanese!! (The GTR should be no problem to me!! Of course the other explanation would be Google Translate - but we won't talk about that!

That's a lie....Google Chrome translated it for me too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

If you are looking for something unusual with great performance this TVR Sagaris fits the bill,0-60 3.7s,colour is ??? ,TVR have a bad name on build quality,dont know if this is true,but I love their styling.
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-TVR-Sagaris-R-Car-Show-1280x960.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-TVR-Sagaris-RA-Top-1600x1200.jpg

Within ur Budget
    http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/tvr/sagaris/for-sale/?1246538

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

SaKuRa wrote: »
    TVR have a bad name on build quality,dont know if this is true
    It is true. The build quality is absolutely pathetic. The company has been out of business for years too. Don't know why anyone would consider one of these unless they were really passionate about the name 'Trevor'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It is true. The build quality is absolutely pathetic. The company has been out of business for years too. Don't know why anyone would consider one of these unless they were really passionate about the name 'Trevor'.

I was at a rolling road day in AI Autosport in Belfast in December and after us there was a TVR owners club getting their cars mapped and dyno'd after us. They were all men in their 40s and 50s, all looked like they were well off, cars were weekend cars only. I got chatting to one of the guys that had atuscan and he said they were a complete desaster to maintain. But incredible to drive

This yoke here ticks all the boxes......

triple-axle-hummer-limo.jpg

You want my advice? I think you should buy this car! :D

Hmmm.... Well that would certainly give me enough room to fit the friends in the back all right but I'd be a bit*h to park. Has it got reversing senors?!! :p I'd say there a most of a thing like that!

SaKuRa wrote: »
    If you are looking for something unusual with great performance this TVR Sagaris fits the bill,0-60 3.7s,colour is ??? ,TVR have a bad name on build quality,dont know if this is true,but I love their styling.
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-TVR-Sagaris-R-Car-Show-1280x960.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-TVR-Sagaris-RA-Top-1600x1200.jpg

Within ur Budget
    http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/tvr/sagaris/for-sale/?1246538

Taking maintenance into account none of these would be within my budget. I'd be broke after the first service!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

yeah maybe the TVRs are more a weekend/track car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Is this a joke?! The dude is 21!

Just wondering, what about an Evo IX or X, you'd get the FQ400 of either landed for well within your budget, even half your budget for the IX, and you could enjoy the rest of your money on holidays to Vegas and other swanky places, I think the Masi GT is a crazy idea tbh, running the thing will bankrupt you and you'll lose your bo**ox on it too

Why would it be a joke? Awesome car!

Why would it be a joke? Awesome car!

Awesome to someone older that drives big cars! Not to a young guy looking to impress women! I reckon you'd pull more in a GT or GTR than ya would in the Masi!!! :D

• Advertisement

Awesome to someone older that drives big cars! Not to a young guy looking to impress women! I reckon you'd pull more in a GT or GTR than ya would in the Masi!!! :D

Really? The Maserati in black is a real mafia car. I'd feel like John Gotti every time I drove it. Plus it's the best looking of the lot.

I agree on it being a very impressive machine but Shane has already dismissed the M5 so I doubt the Quatroporte would be up his street! I drove by one most days in Lucan and I honestly think I'd take an M5 over it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Save some money and buy a fully restored Lotus Carlton and enjoy the rest of your driving days :cool:

I agree on it being a very impressive machine but Shane has already dismissed the M5 so I doubt the Quatroporte would be up his street! I drove by one most days in Lucan and I honestly think I'd take an M5 over it :o

Ah, sorry. I thought you were talking about the GranTurismo. My mistake :o

My bad, I only realized how I worded it there! It is a serious looking machine! I just looked up the 8C Alfa there, iirc they came out at the same time as the GranTourismo and they're going for 150k in the UK!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What about a classic car? You could get a Ferrari Dino 246GT, one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made

Here's one for 85k stirling . As far as I know, VRT is a flat rate of 50 euro for vintage cars!

And when you're not driving it, you just can sit looking at it having a w**k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Paparazzo wrote: »
    What about a classic car? You could get a Ferrari Dino 246GT, one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made

Here's one for 85k stirling . As far as I know, VRT is a flat rate of 50 euro for vintage cars!

I think this is an excellent suggestion, and it kills the depreciation arguement that's been running around in my mind too!

Genius!! :D

Paparazzo wrote: »

It's a pretty incredible car all right but surely I couldn't drive it as my everyday car? It'd be a complete bit*h to maintain if I was doing a high mileage in it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the expensive classic cars are great for looking at and the odd spin in summer but generally not a good idea as a daily driver. Eg the dino above will not like the cold, needs to be warmed up for ages before driving or you'll seize the gearbox as soon as you change gears etc etc.

it'd have to be garaged all winter and just taken out for spins on warm summer days. It's more of a car for someone with a couple of million to spend as their 4th or 5th car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i was reading about a tvr (cant remember which model) in ingear last week,they sound like an absolute disaster,there are way better cars out there,they are quick but you couldnt really drive it everyday,

bladebrew wrote: »
    i was reading about a tvr (cant remember which model)...they sound like an absolute disaster

Applies to all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

My bad, I only realized how I worded it there! It is a serious looking machine! I just looked up the 8C Alfa there, iirc they came out at the same time as the GranTourismo and they're going for 150k in the UK!

Yeah, the 8C is a rare machine. I would take it ahead of any car ever if i had the choice. I would never ever sell it. No way you would get one for that money though. It would be close to €200k by the time it would be here.

Most beautiful car ever.

*FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP*

samsemtex wrote: »
    Yeah, the 8C is a rare machine. I would take it ahead of any car ever if i had the choice. I would never ever sell it. No way you would get one for that money though. It would be close to €200k by the time it would be here.

Most beautiful car ever.

*FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP*

Unfortunately the 8C is just a little bit out of my price range...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

It wouldn't be in say, another 7-8 months. ;)

Bonito wrote: »

Good aul Alfa depreciation eh?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

The kinda depreciation that can get some appreciation. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Bonito wrote: »

I dont think so. That is no ordinary alfa. I dont think that will ever be less than £100k. They only made 500 of them worldwide. Astons and Ferraris are much more common. The 8C will be a serious collectors car.

To be fair man, in 50 years, the petrol you'll need to run it will cost more than the car.
    I'd have one anyway, despite us running out of the black stuff... I'd just look at it if I couldn't make it move.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Applies to all of them.

No it doesnt. They sorted out a hell of alot of the earlier problems with the sagaris. In fairness cars that cost a fraction of the price of a supercar that can outperform them and make you truely scared to drive them at 100% need looking after. If there not looked after then what do people expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

FunkyExige wrote: »
    No it doesnt. They sorted out a hell of alot of the earlier problems with the sagaris. In fairness cars that cost a fraction of the price of a supercar that can outperform them and make you truely scared to drive them at 100% need looking after. If there not looked after then what do people expect.
    The voice of one who knows what she's on about! An owner, rather than a hear-sayer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You say you are 21,you have alot of money to buy a car.

Most of us here have never driven any of the cars you are inquiring about.

So if you do indeed have that much money to spend on a car,then instead of talking loads and loads about here,why you dont you actually go to the car dealers,show them your cash and take these cars for a test drive?????

Because so far,all I see is 26 pages of talk,and more talk and even more talk talk and you are going to do this,that and the other.And its quite clearly starting to look like one of these young "dreamer" threads that pop up from time to time on various car forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

paddy147 wrote: »
    You say you are 21,you have alot of money to buy a car.

Most of us here have never driven any of the cars you are inquiring about.

So if you do indeed have that much money to spend on a car,then instead of talking loads and loads about here,why you dont you actually go to the car dealers,show them your cash and take these cars for a test drive?????

Because so far,all I see is 26 pages of talk,and more talk and even more talk talk and you are going to do this,that and the other.And its quite clearly starting to look like one of these young "dreamer" threads that pop up from time to time on various car forums.

WHY are you a member of a motoring forum?

OP - serious bargain. ;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/Coupe/201020198035939/advert?channel=CARS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

MarkN wrote: »
    WHY are you a member of a motoring forum?

OP - serious bargain. ;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/Coupe/201020198035939/advert?channel=CARS

I would be out test driving the cars I was interested in and showing the dealers some cash,and not spending most of my time on a forum talking about it,26 pages later on aswell.

He said him self, he won't be buying for a long time, so at this stage I guess he's just trying to get his head around which one's are realistic so he doesn't spend to much time test driving cars that he realisticly just wont be able to run/maintain or keep for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

paddy147 - do NOT post in this thread again, or you will be banned. There have been several warnings already to keep on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I'm semi in agreement with yer man paddy here.

Pretty much every car that remotely fits the criteria has been suggested and if the OP isn't willing to test drive any of them and doesn't plan on actually buying one for a long time... what's left?

90% of the comments here that are actually relevant (which there aren't many) are from people (including myself) who've never driven any of these cars.
    So if you truly are willing to spend 90k on a car... why in gods name would you take the opinions of people who've no experience of them on a forum?

A lot of things can change in 6 months - 1 year so I'm not sure whether it's constructive to be singling out any particular car now.

Go out and test drive these and come back and inform us of your findings and maybe some people can give more educated advice on the car.

Otherwise, a lot (not all of course) of the opinions are just regurgitated reviews from magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

+1 to Vertakill.

FFS, what's wrong with people?

Who cares if he can afford it or if he'll ever buy it? At best we're helping him and at worst we're just having a bit of fun and dreaming a little.

If you're going to keep questioning it and +1ing each other then we may as well just lock the thread and move on.
    Alternatively you could ignore the thread and leave the rest of us to our "fun" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

-Chris- wrote: »
    FFS, what's wrong with people?

Who cares if he can afford it or if he'll ever buy it? At best we're helping him and at worst we're just having a bit of fun and dreaming a little.

If you're going to keep questioning it and +1ing each other then we may as well just lock the thread and move on.
    Alternatively you could ignore the thread and leave the rest of us to our "fun" :D

just lock the thread ffs....

its not helping the OP at all at this stage..

Whatever

If anyone wants this thread reopened, please let a mod know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement