Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Oral

Options
  • 11-04-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hey, I have my Spanish oral tomorrow or the next day and was just wondering if someone could give me some tips, my teacher is hopeless. First off, is it usually alphabetical order that the candidates go in? Would we need to know topical issues such as the recession, politics, etc? Anyone know what type of topics except the usual- family, town, etc might come up and would anyone have some notes on them or know any good website where I could get some help. Thanks :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I wish I could have done Spanish. But, I digress.
    I believe it's in alphabetical order, yes. I'm first for German and second for Irish!
    I have studied for the recession and politics, just in case, but I'm not sure if s/he will ask you unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Make sure you know you're role plays, they're the most important. make sure you use the imperfect, conditional and the subjunctive at least once, they love that. Recession is a good topic, so is what would you do if you were principal, president, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hi! I did my Spanish LC oral last year. As a general rule a good oral is one where you're mostly talking and the examiner is mostly listening. He/she might ask a few questions, but this is mostly to control the conversation slightly. Whatever you bring up in the exam, the examiner will ask you about it. If you do not bring up recession or college gees examiner will not bring them up. It's really up to you to control the conversation.

Also make sure your grammar is not complicated. Use basic and correct ones to get your points across.

Also know your roleplays, and do your best with the last question. Take in the final question, and just give the best answer you can.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Aoiferz wrote: »
    Make sure you know you're role plays, they're the most important. make sure you use the imperfect, conditional and the subjunctive at least once, they love that. Recession is a good topic, so is what would you do if you were principal, president, etc

i wouldnt say the roleplays the most important, as important as the sliocht in irish!!
    djcervi wrote: »
    Hi! I did my Spanish LC oral last year. As a general rule a good oral is one where you're mostly talking and the examiner is mostly listening. He/she might ask a few questions, but this is mostly to control the conversation slightly. Whatever you bring up in the exam, the examiner will ask you about it. If you do not bring up recession or college gees examiner will not bring them up. It's really up to you to control the conversation.

Also make sure your grammar is not complicated. Use basic and correct ones to get your points across.

Also know your roleplays, and do your best with the last question. Take in the final question, and just give the best answer you can.

Good Luck!

;)

Advertisement