Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body moisturiser

• 11-04-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I have keratosis pilaris (loads of little red bumps on my arms and legs) and I was told that moisturiser with fruit acids can help improve its appearance. I had a look in Boots yesterday but couldn't find any moisturisers that had fruit acids. I didn't look very hard though. D

Can anyone recommend one before I go into town again today?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Hola!

Actually have this too; I find it flares up and goes away as it pleases though, and is generally better in the summer. However, I've tried many moisturisers to no avail...except for one I started 3 days ago.

Now, I don't know whether it's just the moisturiser or whether it's just behaving itself at the moment, but it certainly seems a lot more under control. It's Simple Derma Intensive Relief (says for very dry, sensitive skin prone eczema and dermatitis on the front). It was cheap enough (£3.19 in Superdrug here in the UK) so at the worst it'll just leave your skin super-moisturised but it seems to be working for me... I read once that things used to treat eczema have the same effect on KP, apparently.
    SIMDERLO;Warehouse;Warehouse.jpg

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭qwerty2

Hiya I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms too! Not sure if it has fruit acids, but I use Silcock's Base on it after my usual body moisturiser! Only a fiver for a huge tub in Boots and it's working great so far! Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

hey, i'm not too sure about body moisturisers for keratosis pilaris, but beaut.ie recommends Eucerin Intensive 10% w/w Urea Treatment Lotion and everyone seems to have had great results with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I think most people have this problem. I got married recently, was wearing a cocktail type dress without false tan :eek: so had to work hard to get rid of those pesky bumps.

Eucerin works, as does Vichy and La Roche Posay. My one 'issue' with Eucerin is its quite expensive because the bottle is smaller than similar Vichy or LRP products so you use it quicker.

I've started using Palmers Cocoa Butter and it works too and is cheaper. Any good hydrating moisturiser will definitely help along with body brushing and exfoliating.

I've found the nivea type moisturisers no good at all for this kind of problem as they aren't hydrating enough.

Advertisement