Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer Issue

• 11-04-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I have a HP printer and the driver comes on a disk. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and while the printer works, the diagnostic tool that came with the disk does not, as it only works on XP. I tried to download an update from HP, but the new one is terrible, it doesn't tell you ink levels, you cant clean the carts. The old one was great, can I get it to work on W7?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Might seem obvious, but have you tried Compatibility Mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

zodac wrote: »
    Might seem obvious, but have you tried Compatibility Mode?

Yeah, no joy.

What's the model of the printer? I'll have a look and see if I can find anything to help. :)

HP Deskjet 5740

And thanks!

Nope, no luck. :(

I'm guessing this is the program you tried?

If it's really important, you could try running XP Mode in Win 7, and run the diagnostic program through that.

• Advertisement

It needs to be installed though, can I install the old program in W7 through this XP mode thing?

You should be able to. You'll need to have Win 7 Enterprise, Pro or Ultimate to use XP mode though. You can get it here.

I have enterprise. i will try figure it out, and if I get lost, I shall return.

And I shall be lying in wait ready to try and help. :D

Advertisement