Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price mistake tesco online shopping

Options
  • 11-04-2010 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

while browsing biscuits on the tesco website and spotted these wrongly priced items, lock on to them fast before they realise.
    wagon wheels 6 pk 0.27
    burtons tea cakes 20 pk 0.40
    jamie dodgers berry 0.32
    cadbury choc digestives 0.36
    jamie dodgers jam and custard 0.37
    jamie dodgers splatz 6 pk 0.23
    hope this benifits some one, dont delay it wont be long before they clock whats going on, dont be too gready

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

while browsing biscuits on the tesco website and spotted these wrongly priced items, lock on to them fast before they realise.
    wagon wheels 6 pk 0.27
    burtons tea cakes 20 pk 0.40
    jamie dodgers berry 0.32
    cadbury choc digestives 0.36
    jamie dodgers jam and custard 0.37
    jamie dodgers splatz 6 pk 0.23
    hope this benifits some one, dont delay it wont be long before they clock whats going on, dont be too gready

Not a price mistake, I'd say. They had most of what you have mentioned at the same prices in Mahon Point Tesco, last week. However, when I was at the checkout and decided to check the dates on them, most were out of date:mad: The jamie dodger berry were out of date since Sept last year and a lot of the others since last month. A few of them were fine, I didn't go and complain as I was in a rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

i went to middleton tesco and none of these were the same price jamie dodgers were 1.49 wagon wheels 6 pack were 1.89, strange they had so many things out of date i have ordered loads coming in the morning, it will be going back if its out of date..ah well, bbq time before the sun vanishes for the year.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

did anyone manage to get these things, i got a call from tesco saying all these items were out of stock and they sent alternatives costing three times the amount, they told me the items would be back in stock in a month to six weeks, thats very handy the robbing bast~~ds......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't think they can send you something more expensive without your agreement to pay the extra.

So maybe they're sending you the more expensive things for the cheap prices you've already found?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

R u sure these are wrongly priced? Or rather r they old stock - near sale by date hence Tesco trying to offload them quick? I'd be surprised if Tesco have accidentally mis-priced so many items. There's plenty of other bargains online. I suspect, stock is limited and depends on what's actually there in your local delivery store. So if you do want to grab some of these bargains, you're better of heading down there yourself and filling yer trolley.

• Advertisement

Not agreeing with Tesco, but what'll happen is that the online price will differ against the actual price ordered, and you'll receive the items with their full value. I complained before about this (for some dishwasher tablets) and got them at their online price. You've a chance to send them back if you don't want them with the driver though, and will get refunded in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I know, the prices are right, loads of biscuits got reduced to 75% off last week, but the definatly shouldn't be out of date. No supermarket is allowed to sell out of date stock. I know anything we had went in 1 day, but there is a slight delay in the stock information on the website so they could have been out of stock by the time the pickers went to get your shopping.

Advertisement