Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tired of being ripped off.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Raiser wrote: »
    517jHeGO7cL._SL500_.jpg

So purrty yet so fcuking disturbing.
    The wife's not much better btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

foinse wrote: »
    [Rant]This morning i went into a certain shop on Henry Street which is known for being a little on the expensive side. This morning i ventured into this shop and i decided i would be relatively health conscious, and bought a bottle of orange juice, 2 croisants, 2 portions of jam, a banana and the Sunday independent, This came to €6.77 :eek: Another thing i've found in there is that if you order something from the deli the same thing might cost you different every time you order it depending on who you've got serving you. No i don't think i want to pay a euro extra because you feel that it should cost more than the person who served me yesterday.

I could have walked a couple of blocks and gotten a full cooked breakfast for that, An identical order to what i bought last weekend in Food fair on O'Connell St not more than a block from this other shop, cost almost €2.00 less, but was not open at 0900 this morning when i went to get my breakfast. So i was stuck with a walk down town or forking out some extra of my hard earned cash.

I'm not sure if i can mention the shop on here but i'm pretty sure that anyone who knows the area knows where i'm talking about.

If business people in this city were really concerned about staying open then maybe they should think about altering their greedy practices, and not charging ridiculous prices for everything.[/Rant]

:mad:

People like you are the problem!

Business's exist to make money, not to please the customer, TO MAKE MONEY

Business's exist to make money, not to please the customer, TO MAKE MONEY

And er, to provide some sort of service maybe too yeah?
    Surely there's a happy medium between making a profit and not blatantly robbing people?

And er, to provide some sort of service maybe too yeah?
    Surely there's a happy medium between making a profit and not blatantly robbing people?

You please the customer by having a price they will pay, if customers don't pay €2 you drop the price until a customer is happy, if a big enough number of customers pay the €2 then the business will do fook all

if a big enough number of customers pay the €2 then the business will do fook all

Oh I agree yeah. Us customers of that shop allow him to charge inflated prices simply by being willing to pay them. I already referred to him taking advantage of my laziness! My point is though that this guy is such a rip-off merchant that even if he cut his prices by 10% he'd still be making a mint.

And of course I don't expect him to cut his big fat prices when silly mares like me continue to pay them, I'm just saying that this dude is wellll inside his profit margins, he's certainly not struggling to meet them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do you how much he paid for that shop to be fitted out?

Much less than you might think. Im not sure of the exact details but put it this way he did not pay for the deli. The deli was paid in FULL by Spar(BWG). Whatever about the rest of the shop, that's down to the other suppliers.

His store was to be a regional flagship store for all prospective BWG customers to go and see.

Oh I agree yeah. Us customers of that shop allow him to charge inflated prices simply by being willing to pay them. I already referred to him taking advantage of my laziness! My point is though that this guy is such a rip-off merchant that even if he cut his prices by 10% he'd still be making a mint.

And of course I don't expect him to cut his big fat prices when silly mares like me continue to pay them, I'm just saying that this dude is wellll inside his profit margins, he's certainly not struggling to meet them.

Fair fooks to him i say, 99% of peoples lives revolve around making money

Berty wrote: »
    Do you how much he paid for that shop to be fitted out? put it this way he did not pay for the deli.

I <3 Ireland :D
    Fair fooks to him i say, 99% of peoples lives revolve around making money

I don't begrudge him success but I despise greed and employers exploiting their staff

I don't begrudge him success but I despise greed and employers exploiting their staff

You've no idea how much he needs for rent/utilities etc :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I find the €3 hot chicken roll with salad hard to beat TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

concussion wrote: »
    I find the €3 hot chicken roll with salad hard to beat TBH.

Go to Dunnes.

Its cheaper to buy the chicken, roll, butter and take a free plastic knife. Build the roll yourself and it costs €2.07 but if you buy the roll at the deli made up for you then it costs €3.99

:D

Bring your own cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

But I like mayo....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

concussion wrote: »
    But I like mayo....

Nothing beats Westport on a sunny day :D

- Their Delis are cheaper than here too incidentally.

You've no idea how much he needs for rent/utilities etc :confused:

No course not but common courtesy is free!
    Though in his place there's probably a charge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Right, a partial brown Banana, a gram of cheese and a mouldy crust - that's €93.24 - now fcuk off Mate; NEXT!!!!
    Do you have to be so rude? Common courtesy is free!
    Not free here love - If you want to shop while keeping your dignity and respect you need to be in the VIP Queue
    The VIP Queue?
    Yeah, the VIP Queue Frog Face - First on your left, only 20% extra, now move yer Arsé

Honey Buzzes to left stage as Villain adopts secondary role......

Oh - You're on the Till on the VIP Queue too?

Hello Madam, I notice your Facial Scrubs and Cereal bars have you looking 10 years younger and desirably slim 'n sexy

Why thank you Sir! - Have you any Alpen Muesli?

No Madam - but I will chastise the order Clerk and fly some in from Zurich immediately

Immediately sounds delightful - Adieu Monsieur!

A bientot Mamoiselle!!!

* The above is a fictional dialogue which has never actually taken place, it is posted on this thread in abstract, general good humour and is not related to any Person, People or Organisation.

Raiser wrote: »
    Honey Buzzes to left stage as Villain adopts secondary role......

* The above is a fictional dialogue which has never actually taken place, it is posted on this thread in abstract, general good humour and is not related to any Person, People or Organisation.

BRAVISSIMO!!!!! LMAO! :D:D
    Hollywood beckons Raiser! Or Dolan's at least.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

the shop ye are on about isnt a rip off at all.they constant have deals like buy one get one free two for one euro and stuff like that.I was in there today and i bought an egg mayo and onion roll and a bottle of coke for only 3.50 and you call that expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Berty wrote: »
    You shouldn't mention the shop on here as its libelous and boards.ie would be liable for your comments whether true or not.

Careful now. You can still be sued even if you don't name name. So long as it could reasonably be understood as referring to the shop or person it's actionable.

Advertisement