Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Good Marketing Ideas For a Bar

• 11-04-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Guys,

I need some marketing ideas for a Bar. The Bar is in located in Spain. Am currently working on the website which if you go to my page is my personal website!

We've come up with some theme nights, competitions, etc., but we need to know how to get people come to the bar night after night.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lenny1020

Check the Hop Inn Athenry on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Well when people are on holidays I would imagine they will stick to one bar if the staff is friendly, atmosphere is great and the drinks are fairly priced! You should also maybe put a sign outside and say every evening from 8-9 do a little event so that even if they don't stay there they will come for the hour for the event like certain hotels have. They did things like bingo(i no its not the most inventive idea but its a bitta craic like), Do a Miss Menorca Competition where fellas dress up as girls, Mr Menorca wouldnt work out that great though i don't think, and other such events that even if they move on you will have it packed out for at least that time. Its the things you can't buy that will make the people come back, like atmosphere, fun, and friendly people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

loyalty card schemes!
    hot promo staff out on a heavy footfall area getting people in (if its a younger bar)

deals with hotels eg show your roomcard, get 10% off the bill or whatevers.

facebooks are no use to tourists, they wont be online really on holidays and wont be bothered searching far and wide to spend a night out somewhere as everywheres new!

get the footy world cup in 3D!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 menorcababy

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help so far, definitly some interesting ideas that may be pursued. Really thinking about something for the world cup! Just havent decided what...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I think you have a really nice place from what I see, but it is not reflected in your logo/signage. People do judge books by the cover so I advise a colorful, fun logo/sign professionally designed.

I am no expert, so see what are your competitors doing. When I am abroad I see pubs handing out flyers advertising happy hour ect. Loads do it so it must work.

A poster above seems to have a good 3D idea especially if no one else has the Word Cup in 3D nearby. Of course there is no good of having a great feature without people knowing. So street Signs, flyers ect

Is getting travel agents to have there meeting with the guests the day after they arrive in your pub a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Facebook is a great way to market your bar

The majority of people that are avid facebook users are gossips, girls and single men looking for single women

Set up a page, add loads of photos, create weekly events like table quizzes etc

but dont just setup a profile and expect people to start coming, you need to dedicate an hour or two a day or week, whatever you can manage and update it, nothing looks worse then a facebook profile with nothing on it

a bar in blackrock use the chat function to talk to their friends and offer them a free pint if they bring five people

interaction and communication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Thought of another idea, why don't you get t-shirts done up with the name of the bar on the front make sure its simple but catchy and a a big map on the back to where your place is, main problem with bars abroad is that even if you get handed a leaflet for it you can't find it, with people going around wearing what a map of where you are would be handy especially if you can get them done very cheap, people would use t-shirts like that to throw over them at the beach etc and would be less likely to throw away a t-shirt than a leaflet. Or maybe you could give away a free t-shirt to your customers, normal ones for guys and vest ones for girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

Give out free steak! But only after they've had 3 or 4 pints there!

Or get people to pay for drink first at a discounted rate and they just hand over tokens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Don't think it would work in Spain but I think there is a big opening for a mobile phone and tv free pub..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭WonderBoy9

During the nights of the world cup pick drinks or make up your own (cheap coctails) that represent each team and have a themed night to represent who's playing...

USA V ENGLAND NIGHT
    Food is burgers and hot dogs V's Steak n Chip or bangers and mash

Germany V Austrailia

German sausage BBQ's...

steins of beer €8 and bottle of fosters €4. etc etc

plus a pint or bud for €10? all in one offers.

etc etc... there are some cracking match up

Go through the group stages and pick (based on the demographic of visitors that come to the area) which matches would be most popular, make it either family friendly... either BBQ, Kiddies get their face painted in team colors, and have a tickets to a competition for each drink bought... It gives everyone the chance to get involved, €1 to enter pick the time for the first goal...winner gets FREE MEAL or 10 free drinks....Prize dosent need to be big...just has to be in demand.

Make sure to get down to the beaches around times when people are starting to this of dinner. Matches are on late enough, so you should have no problems...

Walk to strip, maybe sponsor a small 5 a side tournament of beach soccer.. get the different nationalities involved... Have 4 sets of t-shirts with your company logo on it for opposing teams to play each other... people always want a souvenir! Think about it... 5, 10, 15 lads/girls standing on the beach, wearing your bars logo...and some kind of tournament name...€25 for each team to enter... each member gets a free beer each when they get to your bar after the tournament...to watch the world cup matches! Ill design you the T-shirt for free. PM ME!

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

a bar in dundalk did a "flip night" a couple of weeks ago.. you order your drink, choose heads or tails, the barperson flips a coin if you win you get your drink free if you lose you just pay normal price... its a good deal for the customer and would generate a bit of craic aswell! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magnets

Hi guys, just thought i'd give my one two on ideas for marketing your bar!
    I've recently heard of a new type of marketing that seems pretty interesting; its sensory marketing, and leading companies such as Mood Media offer a wide range of marketing solutions, such as in-store radio, music or advertising or scent marketing. They've got over 50 years of experience working with brands from the retail, leisure and hospitality markets and have been responsible for enhancing thousands of businesses around the world. You should get in contact with them ! Best of luck!

Advertisement