Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to this place on the Millennium walk?
    I'm hooked: the burritos MUST have crack in them or something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I went yesterday, actually. Meh. the burrito was fine, but a pale comparison to Taco Taco!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yeah, Boojum's burritos are massive, and not as nice as Taco Taco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There's a new Mexican out in Dundrum too - Cortina's. Has anyone been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deediddums

No way is Taco Taco's better. I gotta say I'm loving this place - have been looking for a decent burrito place since the demise of Burritto's and Blues in Ranelagh! Their sauces are really good and everything looks fresh and well prepared. Nice bit of kick if you ask for the hot sauce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I'll admit the first time I went to Taco Taco I thought it was great, but Boojum's blown it out of the water for me..

Burritos and Blues! Argh! It's always annoyed me that you couldn't get Mexican food delivered from anywhere (afaik), so when I moved to Ranelagh I was delighted, but alas it was too late...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What about the new place on Baggot Street - Pablo Picante? Anyone tried that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenasil

I was in Boojum on Tues and it was great!
    Having moved here several months ago, I'd started missing this genre or food that is quite common at home (US). Boojum hit the spot for what I was missing.
    I have seen the sign for Pablo Picante, but haven't tried it yet. It's on my list though.
    Where is Taco Taco?

greenasil wrote: »
    Where is Taco Taco?
    It's in the Epicurean Food Hall, on Abbey Street, just down the road from Boojum!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Boojum is a great addition to Dublin - very like Chipotle in the US. I've been hoping for somewhere like this to appear in Dublin for years. For me its far far superior to Taco Taco. Pablo Picantes is also pretty tasty and but Boojum is the best I've tasted so far. I have to say its great to see some of these places opening in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im so pleased something like this has finally opened in Ireland. Yummy,healthy,food for under a tenner+the beers nice and cheap too :) Its definately my favourite place to eat in Dublin at the moment.

• Advertisement

Went in again today, must say the staff always seem cheery too (they must get free burritos....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrbimble

dudara wrote: »
    What about the new place on Baggot Street - Pablo Picante? Anyone tried that yet?
    I am loving Pablo Picantes at the moment its cheaper then taco taco 2 but I havent been to Boojum but will be in tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 harlot

Burritos and Blues is reopening on the corner of Wexford Street and Cuffe Street. I walked past it the other day.

Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

I prefer pablo picantes to boojum personally, bit worried though that Pablo Picante's facebook site had disappeared anyone know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Check their Facebook page, free burritos and fajita burritos, Wed 9th June, 12-3 & 5-7, not sure if you have to be a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I posted that in bargain alerts, anyone can just walk in and get a free fajita or burrito :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Had a craving and went in here today on a whim.
    Feck.
    Best tex-mex food I've had in Ireland that wasn't home-cooked. Absolutely fantastic. Only thing missing was a chipotle salsa (not sure if their salsa roja has chipotles in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Went to Boojum there about two weeks ago. Hmm... It's ok, not as good as El Paso (RIP) IMO.
    Was in Dundrum last night and went to Cortina's, and it was poor - very expensive, service was slow (how long does it take to make a burrito?) and there wasn't much flavour in the burrito. Defo not as good as Boojum, and you're paying an extra tenner to wait 50 mins for your dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Has Burrito and Blues reopened yet? Looking forward to that, hopefully they're as good as they were, until then sticking with Pablo, i think they just edge Boojum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 panch

Walked passed Burritos and Blues today and it looks like it won't be long before they open. It is lookin good! Can't wait to get a taste of it again! Were the best burritos this side of Cali!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement