Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

vodaone xbox problems

• 11-04-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys got vodafone broadband there last week. I go to connect to xbox and it only connects to the net and not xbox live any idea? im using the white vodafone modem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

do u have the eircom router try that if u have ya need the web key as well it should be on the back of the router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi guys got vodafone broadband there last week. I go to connect to xbox and it only connects to the net and not xbox live any idea? im using the white vodafone modem

Do the following:
    1. Go to manually configure Xbox Network Settings on the Xbox Dashboard.
    2. Enter an IP address of 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 and your Gateway as the IP of your router, most likely 192.168.1.1
    3. Login to your Vodafone router, usually 192.168.1.1
    4. Go to a section called "Virtual Servers".
    5. Add the following ports into the list:
    Inbound Port 3074, Outbound Port 3074, TCP, Private IP 192.168.1.20 (IP address of Xbox)
    Inbound Port 88, Outbound Port 88, UDP, Private IP 192.168.1.20
    Inbound Port 3074, Outbound Port 3074, TCP, Private IP 192.168.1.20

Basically, Xbox Live needs the three ports listed above to be open for fully functioning connections. The method I described, opens these ports for you and now you will be able to connect flawlessly.

Hope this helps!

P.S This is assuming you are using a proper Landline Modem for Broadband, and not the USB dongle for laptops. If you are using the dongle device it will not work for Xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

superb. works perfect. I just chaged the 3047 to udp for the 2nd one. a plus

Advertisement