Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Rate Query

Options
  • 11-04-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Quick question someone might be able to help me with

Scenerio
    Trading up on my house (equity in the old house) - ultimately the new mortgage was going to be <80% LTV.

Discued a rate with the bank (<80% LTV rate) - at the time of drawdown of new mortgage due to a delay in selling the old house the mortgage was 90% and rate which applied at drawdown was 90% LTV rate.

House sold, funds cleared, sum applied against new mortgage within 2 months (LTV <80% at this stage)

Bank now tell me that the LTV rate which applies is that at drawdown and any future repayments doesn't impact on the rate (even though the LTV reduced within 2 months)

Seem very unfair to me - any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Seems fair to me . Imagine if they were allowed to adjust it if the LTV went against you - would you be happy then?

www.moneyguideireland.com

Advertisement