Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra VAT

Options
  • 11-04-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

edit: receipt is correct. Nothing to see here..

Thought this receipt seemed incorrect.

<snipped>

The manager in Spar insisted this receipt was correct and it was the law.

Am I completely incorrect here? I don't think I am. If not - who do you get onto about stuff like this? I've been buying stuff from that spar for years, and they never give you receipts. Only got one this time because I asked for it specifically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

How were you overcharged by one euro? The prices charged for your papers are correct and you should see the prices printed on the header of both newspapers, the vat breakdown on the receipt is just detailing the vat on the paper, but it is included in the price of the paper you bought so you didn't pay any extra that i can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

pwd wrote: »
    Thought this receipt seemed incorrect.

attachment.php?attachmentid=110468&d=1270995431

The manager in Spar insisted this receipt was correct and it was the law.

Never been charged more than the price on a paper anywhere else.

Am I completely incorrect here? I don't think I am. If not - who do you get onto about stuff like this? I've been buying stuff from that spar for years, and they never give you receipts. Only got one this time because I asked for it specifically.

Add up all the numbers before the VAT is mentioned, it adds up to 7.05.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

-.-
    Oh I see.
    Receipt is misleading.

edit: Can a mod remove the pic from the reply please

Advertisement