Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vera Moda/Jack and Jones Cork City Closed?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

i know there was a lot of the bestseller owned shops closing all over the country, but i was passing through town today around 2pm and the shutters were down on the v moda/jack and jones store on the main street

anyone know are they one of the stores closed for good or what?

i liked the jack and jones jeans :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

BArra wrote: »
    i know there was a lot of the bestseller owned shops closing all over the country, but i was passing through town today around 2pm and the shutters were down on the v moda/jack and jones store on the main street

anyone know are they one of the stores closed for good or what?

i liked the jack and jones jeans :(
    i think they are always closed on a sunday in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well, if Jack n Jones is closed i wont be shedding any tears. Their clothes are nice to look at but the quality is truly shocking. Bought two pairs of jeans there a year back and both had large holes in them within six months. Also their shirts tend to shrink in the wash. Would never buy their again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

grenache wrote: »
    Well, if Jack n Jones is closed i wont be shedding any tears. Their clothes are nice to look at but the quality is truly shocking. Bought two pairs of jeans there a year back and both had large holes in them within six months. Also their shirts tend to shrink in the wash. Would never buy their again.

agree 100%. The other half bought me a shirt and possibly a tie in there years ago and both fell apart within 12 months, dire quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

The place was open today when I passed it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

grenache wrote: »

I completely disagree! Most of my jeans are J&J as I like their fit and have never had problems with any of them, they've lasted me for ages. I find the shirts to be great quality too, never had problems here either!

J&J on Patrick Street used to be open on Sundays as far as I know. So, does anyone know if they've definitely closed down or not? How about the store in Mahon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement