Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portsmouth v Spurs FA Cup semi final k.o. At 4 on itv and Setanta Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Well done Portsmouth:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Football is brilliant!! I love it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MR NINE wrote: »
    Who'll get the Europa League slot?

Good question! I wonder will an extra Europa League slot get added into the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gwan Pompy :) Would be great if they won it, can't see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Looked like it was outside the box, definite peno but looked like Palacios clipped his foot outside the box

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

What a perfect weekend. West Ham win, Hull lose, and the look on Redknapps face at the end of that was priceless :D

Edit: Also delighted for Hayden Mullins. He was ridiculously banned from the FA Cup final when we made it in 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

MR NINE wrote: »
    Who'll get the Europa League slot?

goes to the league

5th, 6th and 7th get europa league now

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Good question! I wonder will an extra Europa League slot get added into the league?

I'd say so!!

Hopefully. Villa and Liverpool could do with it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Would have been great if Pompy were allowed play in europe next season while in the championship.

Millwall played in the Uefa Cup when United beat them in the cup final.

Helix wrote: »
    goes to the league

5th, 6th and 7th get europa league now

Really?

Cheers pompy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Delighted for 'arry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Think this is because of Administration.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Goes to the runner up.
    The League Cup one goes back to the prem, the FA Cup doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thats not the issue, Pompy never applied for a European license for next season so can't play in Europe regardless what happened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/portsmouth-will-not-enter-europe-should-they-claim-place-through-fa-cup-1918711.html
    Portsmouth face the prospect of chasing FA Cup glory without the prize of European football after it emerged they have not applied for a UEFA club licence.

Avram Grant's men face Fulham or Tottenham in the semi-finals of the competition and reaching the final would, in normal circumstances, guarantee a Europa League place if the winners qualify for the Champions League.

However, all the paperwork for a UEFA licence needs to be submitted to enter European competitions and it is understood that Pompey, who are in administration and are fighting a winding-up order from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, have not lodged an application.

efb wrote: »
    Goes to the runner up.

Would normally go to runner up, but cant in this case, and obviously both Spurs and Villa could lay claim to it otherwise, so only makes sense to go back into the league places.

• Advertisement

Thats not the issue, Pompy never applied for a European license for next season so can't play in Europe regardless what happened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/portsmouth-will-not-enter-europe-should-they-claim-place-through-fa-cup-1918711.html

Oh, OK.

efb wrote: »
    Goes to the runner up.

no it doesnt

pompey arent allowed to play in europe and chelsea will be in the cl

therefore it goes to the league in this case

obviously both Spurs and Villa could lay claim to it otherwise, so only makes sense to go back into the league places.

which essentially guarantees both villa and spurs europa league footie next season barring a disaster for them and a miracle for everton

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It hasn't gone to the runner up in years, why do people still think that =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It usually does. But as said above Pompy aint got the license.

• Advertisement

It hasn't gone to the runner up in years, why do people still think that =/

the reston it hasnt done for years is because the finalists have generally qualified for europe by the time the final takes place, therefore the place moves to the league

Portsmouth will receive £900,000 for winning this semi-final, excluding broadcast fees. The winners of the FA Cup will get another £1.8m and the runners-up £900,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha.

sorry Spurs fans, but that was nothing short of epic.

ridiculous refereeing decisions on the big calls, but sure, Spurs still had enough of the play to score. easily.

i just hope Chelsea don't absolutely muller Pompey in the final.

I thought Pompey deserved it, to be honest.

And i'm delighted for Avram Grant as well. He's had to put up with a lot this season. He went weeks, even months i think, without being paid.

He could easily have walked, but he stuck with them and has been rewarded for that committment and enthusiasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I realised that after I posted. Had a temporary memory slip! I think red-tape can ruin football. Not playing in the Europa League because they could not file their accounts is a bit of a joke really. I'm sure if Uefa wanted they could bend the rules for them, just like with Liverpool in the Champions League.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Portsmouth will receive £900,000 for winning this semi-final, excluding broadcast fees. The winners of the FA Cup will get another £1.8m and the runners-up £900,000.

iirc pompey recieve nothing for that

the FA arent giving them the cup money because they've broken certain rules which means they arent entitled to it. instead the money is being used to pay off teams owed transfer fees from pompey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Great to see Spurs make a balls of it. Now for them to do the same in the league.

Helix wrote: »
    iirc pompey recieve nothing for that

the FA arent giving them the cup money because they've broken certain rules which means they arent entitled to it. instead the money is being used to pay off teams owed transfer fees from pompey

Well, I guess it goes towards paying off their debts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    ha.

sorry Spurs fans, but that was nothing short of epic.

ridiculous refereeing decisions on the big calls, but sure, Spurs still had enough of the play to score. easily.

i just hope Chelsea don't absolutely muller Pompey in the final.

Have to say I enjoyed seeing Spurs lose to day tbh.

Mainly because that fella BERBA has done nothing but mouth off all season with little or no basis for most of his big talk.

So yeah, LOL.

Any sign of him anyway, he's been posting quite regularly lately?

Back in the private forum for another year I'd imagine.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

BERBA is one of those kinda posters who only post when things are going well, mouths off, slags and belittles other teams-then disappears when things ain't going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Gutted today still don't have any clue what foul happened on James today.

I expect a lot of criticism this week for that pitch it's not fit for purpose the pitch was shocking both days

flahavaj wrote: »

Mainly because that fella BERBA has done nothing but mouth off all season with little or no basis for most of his big talk.

So yeah, LOL.

There was no sign of him in here at all. So i went over to the Spurs forum and he's in there alright. Posting in the match thread. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good for Portsmouth.

Probably good for Chelsea too. Think Spurs coulda beaten them on their day, don't think Portsmouth can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Should rename that forum The Bridge. And BERBA is back under it.:pac:

I don't get it.

Feel pretty robbed by the pitch and the ref's decisions. Brown has become a dirty little f*cker hasn't he? Ah well, it's our own fault for not being able to deal with a packed defence this season at all. Think Lennon is probably the key for taking on teams with 9 men back. Be good if we could actually convert a set piece too. Bentley is not the expert we expected.

Least we can put all our resources into getting 4th now (not including Palacios unfortunately).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kold wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Feel pretty robbed by the pitch and the ref's decisions. Brown has become a dirty little f*cker hasn't he? Ah well, it's our own fault for not being able to deal with a packed defence this season at all. Think Lennon is probably the key for taking on teams with 9 men back. Be good if we could actually convert a set piece too. Bentley is not the expert we expected.

Least we can put all our resources into getting 4th now (not including Palacios unfortunately).

You're only realising this now?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

no glory for spurs its 2010....

boetang looked like someone from that film a few years back with the tribes.... with his 'toos

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Well, I guess it goes towards paying off their debts?

kinda, but not really in the way that youd think

had they been given that cash, the likelihood is that it wouldnt have gone to the teams they owe the money - theyd have gone on more immediate club centric stuff, to help them out of their predicament

with the fa holding it from them and giving it to the teams they owe instead, pompey arent getting anything close to the level of use they woyuld have done otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So yeah, LOL.

He's not posting here because he no longer has access.

Please leave it at that and refrain from calling out posters on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ouch, my head hurts.

I may have had a few too many yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ouch, my head hurts.

I may have had a few too many yesterday.
    Shame, it woulda been a good day to remember :p

Was watching an interview with Grant this morning and at the end the interviewer asked him "who writes the script for this club?", and Grant says "A mad man!" :D

Gave me a chuckel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dave! wrote: »
    Shame, it woulda been a good day to remember :p

Was watching an interview with Grant this morning and at the end the interviewer asked him "who writes the script for this club?", and Grant says "A mad man!" :D

Gave me a chuckel

we have a saying....It's Pompey innit!

never ever a dull moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Congrats Fred hope you get a ticket for the final !

Advertisement