Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any options for a pensioner?

• 11-04-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I have a neighbour who's still using dialup and it's painfully painfully slow. She gets her phone line rental free because she's a pensioner, and she'd only spend a few euro a month on dialup internet charges. She doesn't want to do anything to jeopardise that and I'm not sure what the rules are (is it eircom only?). I suppose there's no allowance for broadband for pensioners.

Ideally she wouldn't want to spend more than 10 euro a month just for broadband, but the cheapest I've seen is maybe 15 euro a month. I thought there used to be someone offering that, or that eircom offered a ridiculously limited product for cheaper, but I can't find either. Does anyone have any suggestions or is she stuck with dialup? She's in the northeast, so there's no Smart broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Last time I checked that allowance can be allocated to any provider, even mobile, so regardless what she chooses it is unlikely to interfere with her allowance.

Advertisement