Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renal Colic/kidney stones

Options
  • 11-04-2010 4:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:( lads any advice on how to not get them, suffering quite badly atm with them, had stones since 2003....worn out from it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

you poor thing! I have had them twice and I was nearly suicidal with the pain:eek:
    have you researched any possible causes? i am thinking that a medication I was put on both times may have caused them.
    I drink a LOT now and, touch wood, have not had them for a few years.

Do they know what type of kidney stones they are? As far as I know there are a couple fo different types adn they can form from different foods. so the place to start would be to find out if they are calcium/uric acid etc stones and then maybe adjust your diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Suffered from them since I was 23, 15 years on and lasttime I got them was 3 years ago. A bloody 8mm stone, couldn't pass it so they blasted it and then more came down.

To be honest, I did follow the consultants advice, but had cut out dairy. I still got them.You can only drink so much water as well.

Its 3 years now since i was clear, I get the odd shooting/dull pain, nothing serious. Probably a stone passing. I think because im clear now is because I've increased my fitness through my swimming.Maybe with me swimming more and my body is moving more in the water, that the stones don't get time to lodge. Who knows I might be wrong.

Fingers crossed I won't get anymore...

I feel your pain Richard...How many have you got since 2003? What type of stones are they? Have you got litotripsy

Advertisement