Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Strand - Petits Plaisirs

Options
  • 11-04-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all who are interested,

Just heard that The Petits Plaisirs in Rosslare is going to be no more. My Dad passed by there a few days ago and there's a For Sale/Let sign up outside. Such a shame as it had become such an integral part of the Strand. Does anyone have an idea of what is to become of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I don't know what is going to happen to it, but thats really sad.....

They used to do a mean chocolate milkshake thingy... and were always v. friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭delsutton2008

Yes, and their cakes were superb too. There seemed to be quite a good turnover of customers so I always thought it must be a good little business. Let's hope someone will take it on and continue the high standards... I can't bear the thought of going to the Strand and not getting my morning croissant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

AFAIK the owners moved to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭delsutton2008

I haven't been there for a while but heard that someone had taken on the site. What a shame they don't seem to be keeping up the high standards of before but if they're in that much financial trouble before they even begin trading it may not last long anyway!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cakeface
    workingman
    poobear2006
    casi

I'm really not sure what's going on here, but when a whole load of new posters suddenly start posting on a pretty obscure thread that had been dead for months like this has, it makes me very suspicious. If you people have a particular issue with the person you're discussing then take it elsewhere, Boards is not here for you to spread rumour and malicious gossip for your own ends. I've deleted your posts and if I see anything like this again from any of you you will be permanently banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

Nooo, I was so disappointed to hear this too, but to my delight I passed today, and they have a sign up saying 'Petits Plaisirs open soon' and there was men doing work inside, woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

i remember the old petit plaisers it was gorgeous run by the french guys however it closed then last summer there was a new place open but i didnt like it. has it changed hands again:? has anyone been to that new place open in rosslare harbour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

nope, anyone know if it is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mewa

country livingi remember the old petit plaisers it was gorgeous run by the french guys however it closed then last summer there was a new place open but i didnt like it. has it changed hands again:?
    'i remember the old petit plaisers it was gorgeous run by the french guys however it closed then last summer there was a new place open but i didnt like it. has it changed hands again:?'

Hi, I am one of the partners of the 'old petits plaisirs'. It was run by me-in the kitchen although I usually worked 7pm to 11.30am so did not have much contact with customers (I'm Irish by the way:)) and my French partner worked in the front.

We closed Petits Plaisirs because although we loved it, the high cost of doing business in Wexford (rates, water rates and rents that increased every year) meant that we worked up to 20hours a day and had done so for 4 years. Everything was handmade-the puff pastry, croissants, chocolates, ice creams etc. and this of course made the business labour intensive but we did not want to compromise on quality and decided that we would rather close than do so.

We planned to move to France, but we have since had a beautiful baby girl so will be staying in Wexford for the foreseeable future

I hope to start supplying local businesses wholesale -which is nice for me this was how Petits Plaisirs originally started.

Thanks for the kind comments that have been posted on here re. Petits Plaisirs-and many thanks to our customers over the years.

Advertisement