Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beeping

Options
  • 11-04-2010 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Specs;

Intel Quad Q8200
    3 GB Ram
    GF 9500gs

Iv noticed this happening alot recently, a single beep can be heard from the bios. It only happens when im playing games, never when im browsing/typing etc.

Is there any good programs i can use to do some testing? Iv cleaned the PC yesterday and removed dust but the beeping still happens.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You sure its the BIOS? If you get a BIOS-like beep when playing games its more like you've got a cheap keyboard or driver conflict that causes an audible error beep when you try inputting more than 2-8 (usually 3) keyboard instructions simultaneously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Solitaire wrote: »
    You sure its the BIOS? If you get a BIOS-like beep when playing games its more like you've got a cheap keyboard or driver conflict that causes an audible error beep when you try inputting more than 2-8 (usually 3) keyboard instructions simultaneously.

Thought something was overheating maybe, but the game i play is like 10 years old, and there is alot of keys being pressed every second simultanously.

I changed keyboards recently too, you must be right. Just out of interest what celceus should cores, gpus etc be running at ? Or whats a dangerous level

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Under load the 9500gs could go up as high as 80-90C. You should be worried if it goes above that, but around that is normal.
    The Q8200 should max out at 60-70C.

Advertisement