Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of School

Options
  • 11-04-2010 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Leaving Certs finish before the rest of the school right? So what date are we finished!?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Leaving Certs don't officially finish earlier AFAIK, but they usually do end up getting out early. In my school we finished a week before the other years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GK_91

My school finishes on May 19th.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Enjoy it folks, school really are the best days of your lives

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

My graduation is on 29 May I believe, but I'm not sure if we will be free before that in order to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm off the 28th because the rest of the school has summer tests but I might end up coming in for extra classes and things, they did that last year. Can't believe how fast the year went :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

school really are the best days of your lives

School may the best days of our lives, Juniors to 5th year that is. 6th year certainly isn't up there in my "top favourite years" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Think i'm somewhere around the 19th of may. But will go into the school to study i'd say.... I'd actually say that 6th year is my favourite year overall. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Unless you win the euromillions and buy an island in the Caribbean. Wait, I though college was the best time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

College is definitely gonna be the best time! I cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

When I was going to school I finished over a month and a half early....worked out in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

theowen wrote: »
    Wait, I though college was the best time?

Yeah, based on what a great year all my college friends have had in comparison to the miserable year I've have had, college is definitely winning 'best time' award.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Think I'm finished the 21sy of may...gonna miss it so much this has been the best year of my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

God damn, think I'm finished on the last Friday in May. Private school so expect as much.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

It feels so much more real this time. :( I'm regretful and nostalgic. I'm going to miss this school a lot,as well as the people I've met here. Can't believe how quickly the year went, and how little time we have left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I finish on the Friday before it starts, but our school usually lets us Leaving Certs off before that.

You're all going to love college. Don't worry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Have to disagree. College days are without a doubt the absolute best. Beats school hands down any time!! I miss it so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I miss the last bits of 6th year. Sure was great craic even if I wasn't all that much into fun-having as everybody else.

Most of ye will like college though. I see it as more of a means to an end myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

You're all going to love college. Don't worry. :)
    If we get into college ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Somebody must have spent a lot of time on the hop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

finished on the 24th may

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Im not even that excited about finishing school, the LC is drowning that out:(

We should have grad in late June, like the last day of the LC, that night, and get TOTALLY BLTIZED, that would be the best craic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martinstatic

Liveit wrote: »
    If we get into college ;)
    True, lol, biggest worry atm.
    stainluss wrote: »
    Im not even that excited about finishing school, the LC is drowning that out:(
    Damn straight :(

It's weird to think it's all over soon.
    The thought of no school is like a dream come true, though it'll be weird adjusting to non-school life, not seeing all those faces of people that you half-knew, waking up and going to sleep whenever, seeing daytime TV, and generally not having everything on a plate.

If school days are the best in your life, then I have lost the will to live. By far they have been the worst; good days, good mates, good laughs, but when you think of that you tend to forget all the bad things; Feeling unjustified by teachers' decisions, homework, avoiding teachers when said homework isn't done, seeing pricks that you hate, feeling completely knackered by the workflow after a 5 day week, worrying about deadlines, getting up in the morning, studying...99% of school is ****e, but the good times seem to linger in people's head when they say it's the best days, but in reality, they can't be.

From what I've heard, college is and I hope so.

Advertisement