Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral and Practicals

Options
  • 11-04-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

With the Orals and practicles starting this week and going on for the next 2weeks just wanted to wish everyone good luck :D

When have you got yours?

Mine..
    Music Practicle = Tuesday 13th
    Irish Oral = Friday 16th
    French = Wednesday 21st.. I think!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Thanks, my Irish is tomorrow and I'm very nervous. The day always seemed so far away, am I'm hoping that the examiner doesn't go ''So, Brian, you like reading? ... Do you think the government is doing enough to promote reading?'' or assumes that my knowledge of history means I can talk in detail about the Catholic sex abuse scandals. Somehow I don't think me saying ''Táim Protastúnach'' will get me out of this one.

German is the Monday after. My project is on a German resistance group in World War II, the White Rose. I'm terrible at the role plays though. :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Yes... Bonne chance agus go n-éirí le gach éinne that are doing orals and practicals in the coming weeks! And don't forget that Boards is here to help you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

We don't have definite dates for any of our orals....
    Irish- Probably wednesday or thursday; should be great craic. :D
    Spanish - Around the 21st i'd say, the role plays are a killer but I think i'll get on relatively well.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

The Irish oral starts in my school tomorrow but i'd say i won't be on until Wednesday or Thursday because my class is last to do it. I'd prefer to get it over and done with but i'm lucky I have a few extra days. In saying that I don't know how i'm going to cope with going to French class when i'm trying to concentrate on Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

French Oral - 12th of April(tomorrow):pac:
    Music Practical - 13th of April.
    Irish Oral - 19th of April.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Ah it's pretty hard to comprehend that this is REAL, and not just mocks etc :P
    I don't even know when my Irish oral is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Irish Tuesday, and German, sometime the week after, I think its the following tuesday also...

Besta luck everyone:cool:

brian1991 wrote: »
    Thanks, my Irish is tomorrow and I'm very nervous. The day always seemed so far away, am I'm hoping that the examiner doesn't go ''So, Brian, you like reading? ... Do you think the government is doing enough to promote reading?'' or assumes that my knowledge of history means I can talk in detail about the Catholic sex abuse scandals. Somehow I don't think me saying ''Táim Protastúnach'' will get me out of this one.

German is the Monday after. My project is on a German resistance group in World War II, the White Rose. I'm terrible at the role plays though. :/

Ooh I did my history project on The White Rose...best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

German thurs!

Tuesday week got irish

And somewhere history and geog projects!

How will we find da time to study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

French on Wednesday, going to try to go in first (I'm ill.)

Irish next week, probably Wednesday as the higher level class usually goes in midway through the week.

Sooo nervous,even though I know there's nothing to be nervous about. o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

I've got my Irish orals on Thursday!
    I don't have a date for my German yet but I'm either Wednesday or Thursday the week after.
    Anyone know when are Art practicals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Had my Irish orals today,think I did good...welll hopefully :pac:. I was talking a lot and didn`t have any awkard silences :D. I was the first in my year...it seems daunting at first but I`m glad to have it over with tbh. He didn`t ask me about the church,thought he would as I learned off a piece for it :(.

Anyways

Good luck everyone who still has to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

French on Wednesday, going to try to go in first (I'm ill.)

If you are still ill on wednesday you can do the oral the end of may. It's for sick people. Point number 9 here >>>> http://www.examinations.ie/schools/S_90_09_LC_Orals_Tests.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

did my irish today, thank god it's over with. feckin sliochts :)

just got german next monday, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I did my Irish today and with the exception of one VERY awkward moment, it went fine. I think I have French on Monday:(.

kev9100 wrote: »
    one VERY awkward moment

go on then

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

i know wall about awkward moments, i also had a few that made me look like a complete plank >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

pathway33 wrote: »
    go on then

The guy asked me about my hobbies and I said listening to music and playing the guitar. He then asked me why and I had absolutely nothing. I was sitting there for a good 20 seconds with neither of us saying a word. After that, it went fine.

To be fair, you really had to be there to fully experience the awkwarness :D.

The guy asked me about my hobbies and I said listening to music and playing the guitar. He then asked me why and I had absolutely nothing. I was sitting there for a good 20 seconds with neither of us saying a word. After that, it went fine.

i didn't have to be there.... i felt awkward just reading it....i'd say he's well used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Don't worry about it, everyone shoots blanks occasionally ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I had my oral today, thank god it's over!
    The examiner asked me if I saw an end in sight to the recession. I just sat there like a total twit staring at her and muttered something along the lines of 'Bíonn a lán duine ar imirce'. What a fool am I.

And when I said Grey's Anatomy was my favourite subject I got asked about the health system in this country!!!! Be careful what you say....seriously :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Mine was a disaster too:( well I think I did fairly well but I wasn't asked any of the easy stuff like: family, school, job, transition year, sport:eek:, etc.
    I honestly can't remember anything at all really except I remember being asked If I was the minister for the environment, what would i do to reduce pollution... I sat there for about 30 seconds going ehhhhhhhhh:o

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

Oh good god...that's a horrible question! I'd have been in a similar cruachás if it were me :)

Advertisement