Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

125cc Moped recommendation

• 11-04-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a moped style 125cc along the lines of a Yamaha 125 Majesty.

Could anyone recommend any and also what sort of prices would a new one vs a second hand one be. Also who are the main dealers in the Dublin area ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I have a majesty 125 that I have just sent to the garage to get fixed - its been sitting idle for over 18months..... if you are interested you can take a look when its back during the week and make an offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

one of them yokes rabbit has

gileradna_125.jpg

its point and shoot like a moped but its got real brakes and wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Tigger wrote: »

gileradna_125.jpg

No, I rather the moped stlye tbh and PCPhoto I am not at the buying stage yet. I want to research what models fit the type I am looking for first then weigh up the pros and cons.

redout wrote: »
    No, I rather the moped stlye tbh and PCPhoto I am not at the buying stage yet. I want to research what models fit the type I am looking for first then weigh up the pros and cons.

you're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Hi,

Looking for a moped style 125cc along the lines of a Yamaha 125 Majesty.

Could anyone recommend any and also what sort of prices would a new one vs a second hand one be. Also who are the main dealers in the Dublin area ?

Thx

AFAIK a moped by definition is limited to 50cc and 50kph, I think what you mean is scooter style.

• Advertisement

quadraphenia anyone
    i'll be will scarlett

Andrew33 wrote: »
    AFAIK a moped by definition is limited to 50cc and 50kph, I think what you mean is scooter style.

Fair enough. Do you have any recommendations ?

majesty 125

majesty 125

Comedy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

me and a few mates owned a sr125 aprilia years ago,,was some ting to bate around on thru town and the estates goood brakes and held the road well lol

• Advertisement

Comedy ?

i gave you my opinion on a good 125 moped
    you want to be told something with small wheels is safe i like yamahas so the 125 mage is grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have said it before but here goes, The Honda Innova ANF125i is a fine machine, very economical 120-150mpg and has a good pedigree.
    Not badly priced either.
    Runs 17" wheels not the stupid and dangerous chubby 10" that a lot of scooters have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

gileradna_125.jpg

nonsense, ive seen runners with nicer brakes.

Thanks lads. I will call some dealers for prices. Is there any dealers people recommend and any dealers I should avoid ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I have a Suzuki AN 125cc great scooter, they are around the €2k mark- got mine in Delaneys on Harolds cross bridge, old style family run business been there 90 years and great lads to deal with.

Yeah delaneysin harolds cross are nice old school people
    also loam at lmd in dundrum I bought my first bik off him andhi've sent hundredsof people to him over the years for parts servicing and bikes
    if you tell him what want he,ll source it for you

http://www.lmemotorcycles.com/Bike_sales.html

Anyone know if there is a new version of the Yamaha Majesty 125 on the way ?

I ask because yesterday I called 4 different dealers and all gave the same price and told me that €500 had just been knocked off it. I found it to be too much of a coincidence.

Also what about the Aprilia Sport city cube 125 - is there anywhere in Ireland that sells these ? Bikeworld told me they dont import them.

Advertisement