Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyre Square WARNING

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Maybe you should have advised him on the dangers of drink and the effects not only on health but also finacially.

Some people on the street stopped me at the weekend asking me am i happy with God and being saved etc, next time Ill suggest they talk to this gentleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Fuinseog wrote: »
    people might not know who the violent thug is then, you or him.

well, if i'm the one telling him to fcuk off, then he's obviously the antagonist then. I'm sure he's also known to the gardai as well becase ofhis past actions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

its your own fault. you met an undesirable and decided to provoke him. you should have just ignored him or at least humoured him This "Hello???" business comes across as juvenille and irritates a lot of people.

Wrong wrong wrong, a scumbag blocks his path in a public place for no apparent reason, he didn't provoke anyone, it's not his fault and he is not obliged to humor scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

JustMary wrote: »
    If you're from a far-away kind of elsewhere and have to reply, then "swearing" in foreign-sounding place names can work, too.
    I must try that the next time - "Lanzarote, Majorca, Leitrim, Napoli!" complete with wild gesticulations.
    there is not much that can be done about him in fairness.
    He could be arrested and charged with all sorts of things, from drunk and disorderly to loitering to assault. I actually used to live across the road from that gent years ago up the back of Prospect hill, he never caused any disturbances around his own house I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    I must try that the next time - "Lanzarote, Majorca, Leitrim, Napoli!" complete with wild gesticulations.

He could be arrested and charged with all sorts of things, from drunk and disorderly to loitering to assault. I actually used to live across the road from that gent years ago up the back of Prospect hill, he never caused any disturbances around his own house I can tell you.

Yeah, Leitrim will definitely do the trick, the others might be too well known though ;)

Seriously, I'm guess that this man has been arrested, charged and sentenced many times. I'd also guess that he's not too worried about being arrested any more.

If he actually becomes dangerous, then the guards do something about him. That's why experiences like the OPs need to be reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

From my own experience and from listening my cousin i came to the conclusion that for a small city compared to dublin,cork and limerick Galway is rough enough.Then again i read last Friday in the city tribune that heroin(just like in other places) has emerged on the galway drugs scene.So maybe that's why they are so many crazy people around.

From my own experience and from listening my cousin i came to the conclusion that for a small city compared to dublin,cork and limerick Galway is rough enough.Then again i read last Friday in the city tribune that heroin(just like in other places) has emerged on the galway drugs scene.So maybe that's why they are so many crazy people around.

The ''H'' has been around for a few years now, i've heard of plenty of undesirables from the East/West sides of the city who are smoking it, these wouldn't be lads in this context though, wouldn't see these lads out of westside/castlepark tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 frogwestside

The ''H'' has been around for a few years now, i've heard of plenty of undesirables from the East/West sides of the city who are smoking it, these wouldn't be lads in this context though, wouldn't see these lads out of westside/castlepark tbh.
    true but i could also tell ya few from cladagh/west of city who are at it aswell, not just the areas you stated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can't say I find Galway rough at all and I've lived there for years. There are a few head the balls around alright but mostly harmless. Usually it's the same one or two causing most of the real trouble. Invariably they congregate around the Square if the weather if OK.

I don't think Galway is rough at all tbh. There are very few place in the city if any where I wouldn't feel safe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I don't think Galway is rough at all tbh.

Apart from Bucky Plaza in hot weather and Eyre Square when the bush drinkers and home drinkers stagger into town for argy bargy with the pub drinkers after 1am of a night.

Eyre Square is absolutely grand before 1am, they should curfew certain scum out of it between 1am and 4am and it would be grand after 1am too. Curfew the same scum out of Bucky Plaza 24/7

Can't say I find Galway rough at all and I've lived there for years. There are a few head the balls around alright but mostly harmless. Usually it's the same one or two causing most of the real trouble. Invariably they congregate around the Square if the weather if OK.

Fair enough im just going by my own experiences,stories from my relatives and from reading the city tribune every week.For intance there seems to be a lot of burglaries in Galway at the moment but then again that is a problem in every part of ireland.

I don't think Galway is rough at all tbh. There are very few place in the city if any where I wouldn't feel safe.

Well my neighbour is a taxi driver and he say's the only part of Galway he would be afraid of going is behind the church in Ballybane late at night with that said westide seems to have improved since they knocked the flats.

Advertisement