Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Splinter cell conviction

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Played the demo. Pretty crap like all the splinter cells. When I first saw promo videos of him walking through crowded places I thought it might be a completely new direction for the series but it's just gotten more action orientated.

well ive never played any of the other splinter cells id i have to say i was impressed with graphics and gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

HMV in the uk are giving free 800 msp with preorders, Not sure if this offer is happening in the irish shops:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=-1;6;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=4880&_tag.WT.ac=css_games_h290310_Splinter_Cell

HMV usually have new releases at 45 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody know what Xtra Vision and Gamestop will be charging for this? Been looking forward to it for months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's an alright game, 2 annoying levels in the middle had me turn off the game. Going to go back to it now, hope it gets better. Looking forward to trying the co-op after the single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone know the cheapest place to get this? Wouldnt mind pickin it up for around the 30 quid mark but because its so short its putting me off the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get this? Wouldnt mind pickin it up for around the 30 quid mark but because its so short its putting me off the game.

Cheapest online price I've seen is £37. I'd just wait a month or two and the price will fall quickly.

A few big games released this year are around €30 or less now online.
    Mass Effect 2
    FF 13
    and one or two others.

Only games with big and popular multiplayer modes seem to hold their value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

anybody get any good deals in brick and mortor shops for this?

Looks like gamestop are selling this for €50, xtra-vision are €54.99, I cant get through to GAME, but Argos is the cheapest at €48.76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got a text from Smyths saying they will give 10 euro off with the text but they have it at 54.99. Not sure if that is any cheaper with the loyalty card. But if im paying 45 for it ill go the HMV they give you way more on trade ins.

• Advertisement

I got a text from Smyths saying they will give 10 euro off with the text but they have it at 54.99. Not sure if that is any cheaper with the loyalty card. But if im paying 45 for it ill go the HMV they give you way more on trade ins.

Yeah HMV are the best for trade ins alright. I tend to get my games cheap online and trade them in when I'm done. A few times HMV were giving me what I payed for the game as trade in value.:) It's like long term game rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Game and HMV have it for €44.99 and Gamestop had it marked for €49.99 but I got it there for €44.99 when I asked them to do a price match.

Yeah HMV are the best for trade ins alright. I tend to get my games cheap online and trade them in when I'm done. A few times HMV were giving me what I payed for the game as trade in value.:) It's like long term game rental.

Think i might get rid of battlefield im not going to play it its terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The main story is short Joe, about 5 hours. But theres also a co op mode to do and theres a mode similar to spec ops in MW2 theres a few more hours doing them. If you just wanna go through the story and arent bothered with the rest them just rent it dont buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got it in HMV for €45, have to say I am very very impressed. Really cool game and has been great fun so far, granted only a few levels in.

I got 31 for battlefield and 7 for bionic comando !! so Splinter cell cost me 7 im happy with that works out cheaper than a weeks rental. Ill hold onto it to get the Ghost recon beta in the summer rather than tradig it in. Which is why i bought it. Its more like 45 for a beta with a free splinter cell game !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I played for an hour earlier, it was a fun hour. While it doesn't feel like traditional SC, the tone is the same. I hope the co-op lives up to the hype!

I am enjoying it to be honest its a bit more action packed than the previous games. Still lots of getting killed by the last guy and having to start the check point all over again and shoot the same lights out etc again.

Seems more Jack Bauer (how ever you spell it) from 24 than Sam Fisher. Still very enjoyable and looks great.

Mr. K wrote: »
    I hope the co-op lives up to the hype!

co-op is very good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I am enjoying it to be honest its a bit more action packed than the previous games. Still lots of getting killed by the last guy and having to start the check point all over again and shoot the same lights out etc again.

Seems more Jack Bauer (how ever you spell it) from 24 than Sam Fisher. Still very enjoyable and looks great.

You've just convinced me to buy it! Jack Bauer rocks :D

I read somewhere that it's possible to complete the entire game without firing a single shot but you have to be proper old school Splinter Cell nut to even attempt it.

What's tipped me over the edge, is knowing that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta is included with it. Dare i say it, I'm even more excited about that game than Reach... OK, I said it... let the ridicule commence :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Gamestop in charlestown were sold out yesterday when i went over to get it :(
    The 2 people in front of me got the last 2 games :(

You've just convinced me to buy it! Jack Bauer rocks :D

I read somewhere that it's possible to complete the entire game without firing a single shot but you have to be proper old school Splinter Cell nut to even attempt it.

What's tipped me over the edge, is knowing that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta is included with it. Dare i say it, I'm even more excited about that game than Reach... OK, I said it... let the ridicule commence :D

Lots of those Jack momments where you kick in a door knock the guy standing behind it then pop 2 bullets in the other 2.

Fans of the other games may be a bit annoyed by the lack of stealth and hiding bodies etc. But i am enjoying it a bit more becasue of that all the time i was thinking im Jack Bauer !!. Think because ive just watched 3 seasons of 24 back to back !!

Looking foward to the beta myself Ghost recon 2 is one of my all time favourite games. If it looks as good as the Highway of death level in Splinter cell ill be beaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Fans of the other games may be a bit annoyed by the lack of stealth and hiding bodies etc..

You called?

Been a fan since the start, and despite the flaws, i really liked Double Agent. I muttered under my breath every time conviction was pushed back... and then when i found out the release date was at a time when i wouldn't be able to get near the game for a good six weekr or so, i muttered a little more.

Then i played the demo yesterday. I guess the franchise went about as far as it could with the previous style... but i feel like one of my favourite franchises has (inevitably) changed for good. I'll get over it quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Finished the single player earlier, it was short but so sweet!
    I was half expecting Grim to turn on Sam near the end, but I think that's what they wanted us to think.

Also interesting is the fact that
    the game follows on from the Double Agent's bad ending
    . Cool idea though, it made for a darker story,
    not having Lambert's support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

What are the cheapest places to buy this online? Ive never ordered online before...

What are the cheapest places to buy this online? Ive never ordered online before...

Amazon have it for £29 and free shipping to Ireland which takes about 3 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just completed it there. If anyone got it recently. I'd suggest playing it on realistic. It's far too easy on normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

playing it on realistic alright and its still a bit easy...

gamestop are doing the best deal, trade in just cause 2 and get splinter for 19.99, had it completed so why not, traded in avp too so got it for 99cent! wooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

thorbarry wrote: »
    Looks like gamestop are selling this for €50, xtra-vision are €54.99, I cant get through to GAME, but Argos is the cheapest at €48.76

Argos are some weirdos haha. What kind of an estimated price is that? lol

The game is unreal though I'm fair pleased with it. Although
    I heard it was very short, around 5 hours or so

• Advertisement

gamercfc wrote: »
    The game is unreal though I'm fair pleased with it. Although
    I heard it was very short, around 5 hours or so

The reason why it seems short is because the game is far too easy even on realistic. The older SC games on easy are harder than realistic on Conviction.

Advertisement