Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for botanists maybe... Citywest trees

Options
  • 11-04-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Anyone know what type of trees are planted off the N7 towards Citywest, lots of them around the N82/N7 interchange (Brownsbarn) and they're also planted on the overpass... They're small tidy trees...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MrsNY

Hi, I dont know for definite what species of trees that are planted at Citywest however generally willow trees are planted around motorways - (Salix sp.) and Mountain Ash (Sorbus aucuparia). Both would be native to Ireland which from conservation point of view is better than planting more Beech or evergreens.
    Are you looking to plant somewhere yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bswee365

Cheers for reply... I Google-image-searched those trees you mentioned but they're not the ones... The ones at the interchange are ones that I haven't seen along the side of any roads before. I'll be up around that way tomorrow, going to take a snap of them... Just want to plant one in the garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Perhaps the Parks or Roads department in the SDCC might know?

Advertisement