Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney New Years Eve - place to stay

Options
  • 11-04-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

There are four of us (two couples) going to Sydney around the 26th/27th December and we will be staying for around 6 days. We are looking to stay somewhere around the city centre as we want to be able to travel to various parts. We are looking at a midlevel budget, we don't want to pay a fortune but do not want to stay in hotels either.

We were thinking about possibly renting an apartment for a week and I was wondering has anyone done this before or could you give me any advice on what I should do. We will stay in a hotel if we have to but I have heard of people getting great deals on apartments before in other cities.

Cheers for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Only suggestion I can give you is that because you have so much time to arrange something, put a running ad on Gumtree Sydney looking for an Apartment, however it is extremely expensive everywhere around Sydney at Christmas because

A) It is Christmas
    B) School Summer Holidays
    C) Most Backpackers return to Sydney for Christmas

It is not going to be cheap to get an apartment around that time for such a short time bar something extortionate.

I would suggest Hotels as they would be almost cheaper or you could slum it up in a Hostel...at opposite ends of the spectrum but both the only realistic options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Although I agree with themudfactor you might get lucky with some people traveling home to Europe for Christmas and new years then coming back after the holidays wanting to rent out there flat short term. Huge emphasis on the word lucky though!

Advertisement