Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mini break in Kerry

Options
  • 11-04-2010 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So basically im bring my better half to Kerry for a few days later on this week. we're borrowing accom from my parents and we're not to sure what to do while we're there. I've been to kerry obv a lot over the years that my parents have had somewhere to stay for the hols but I'm looking for something new. I've suggested Dingle he's never been there but other than Fungi what can we do? Tralee? Killarney? looking a few ideas for things we can without traveling too far we're staying near to Tralee...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Muckross park in Killarney is very nice. Especially now that we're having some stunning weather. You wont be disapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Slea Head Drive. Starting and ending in Dingle. It should take a few hours to drive but there is beaches, wonderful scenery and loads of archeological sites along the way. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The ring of kerry drive would be nice too,it would take a day and you can stop and see the scenery in that time.
    Plus a spin up the conor pass on the way to Dingle is always good,i must have driven it 100 times but i went up last friday and it looked absolutely amazing in the clear weather,better than i ever saw it before. Well worth a look. Theres a lake you can walk up to halfway up too,its not too far off the road.
    dingle-conor_pass.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crazy Penguin

I love the Connor Pass-my fav part of Kerry driving I think! Can't wait to show himself the views either!! Is there anything in Dingle that I wouldn't have seen 2/3 years ago when I last made it there? It's been ages since I made it to Dingle :) Thinking Killarney will def be on the cards!! Perhaps even surfing if I'm Brave/silly enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭canine

Tom Creans pub in Anauscaul is worth a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

when going to dingle, inch a beautiful beach, have lunch there in sammys, beautiful food, right on the beach, head on to dingle out past dingle to paudie o sheas, stop in at paudies and look at the beautiful gallery of pictures and paintings of kerry and all ireland down through the years, you will see charlie haughey,s face there, dolly parton, also loads others the walls are covered even the ceiling it is brilliant, while you have a coffee or beer browse, then across the road from paudies there is this road leading right up the hill, it is called the casagh, the most beautiful view on earth from up there, you see the islands on one side you see right into dingle from the other, you end up in dunquin where there is a pottry, there is also the funduracht a bueutiful place, there are beautiful beaches to take a stroll, come back into town where there is plently of nite life, great restaurants, stop at skeilig hotel and take a walk east along the water till you come to a beautiful little beach, on this walk you will see fungie, there is also oceanworld in the town, a bowling alley, lots to see and do beleive me, it leaves the ring of kerry behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crazy Penguin

Goat that sounds perfect :) I can't wait to go away now!!!

Does anyone know if there's a story about the Connor pass?? I remember hearing one years ago as a kid but can't remember it now

Advertisement