Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official(?) Boards.ie Pokémon Fan Club

Options
  • 11-04-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I'm just noticing that the thread I started the day before launch of Heart Gold and Soul Silver is still getting posts almost three weeks after launch. Due the to awesome responce I got to Easter Meet up, I'm wondering if peeps want to do it again, but more regularly.

My plan is to meet weekly on Saturday mornings have a chat, coffee/Eddie's shake/brunch and to compare our week in terms of Pokémon/college/school/work/whatever. I'm good with organising it if people are interested in coming. Heck if it builds up we could rent a place and hold our own DS tournies....ahem I am getting ahead of myself there.

Anyone up for this? There is no sign on the dotted line, no forced commitment, if you can make it yeah, if you can't no guilt trip - promise :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Awesome idea! I'd be up for it. Mightn't be able to make every Saturday but should do the majority of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd be up for going along to some of them too, although I'm no great trainer or anything, the whole EV thing goes right over my head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

It would really depend on how early we were meeting. Around lunch time would work best for me. Any earlier and I really couldn't guarantee anything!

Probably wouldn't be able to make it every week, but I'd try to be there at least every second Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I might be able to make some of them. My weekends are chocked full as is.

If I could make a suggestion - Perhaps to start you should organise them monthly/bi-monthly to make sure you're getting a fairly regular crowd before making them weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm into this alright.
    Again, I'm lazy... So the later the better! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd be up for it, but I doubt I'd be awake at all anytime before early afternoon/evening on Saturdays...

If it was about half one, maybe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Awesome idea! I'd be up for it. Mightn't be able to make every Saturday but should do the majority of them.
    Heck I mightn't be able to make EVERY Saturday myself (work, travel, wedding stuff etc), but I'm sure I can find someone else to BATON PASS onto for those weeks.
    I'd be up for going along to some of them too, although I'm no great trainer or anything, the whole EV thing goes right over my head. :(
    That's why everyone is welcome, learning from other players and by physical example is the best way to learn. Even I find many online guides on IVs and EVing very confusing.
    Teferi wrote: »
    I might be able to make some of them. My weekends are chocked full as is.

If I could make a suggestion - Perhaps to start you should organise them monthly/bi-monthly to make sure you're getting a fairly regular crowd before making them weekly?
    I'm sure once we have at least one meeting set up we can organise when the next suitable day for all will be. We can also post it up here for those that may not have been able to make it.
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    I'd be up for it, but I doubt I'd be awake at all anytime before early afternoon/evening on Saturdays...

If it was about half one, maybe :P
    I love an ol' lye-in with himself on a Saturday :P, it's the only day we can. He works the weekdays and I the weekends. Don't worry I wasn't planning on crazy times like 8.30am on a Saturday!

I'm happy with 1.30, if everyone else is :)

I'm very happy with half one.

That's why everyone is welcome, learning from other players and by physical example is the best way to learn. Even I find many online guides on IVs and EVing very confusing.
    Glad to hear that even you find those things confusing! :D
    I love an ol' lye-in with himself on a Saturday :P, it's the only day we can. He works the weekdays and I the weekends. Don't worry I wasn't planning on crazy times like 8.30am on a Saturday!

I'm happy with 1.30, if everyone else is :)
    In my case my lady works Saturday, leaving me free to go and meet you guys some weekends :)
    (Have play rehearsals some Saturdays too so not all of them suit!)
    And 1.30 sounds good to me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I'd love to come but can't for a couple of weeks as my college exams are starting next week. Hopefully once April is finished.

• Advertisement

freyaplus wrote: »
    I'd love to come but can't for a couple of weeks as my college exams are starting next week. Hopefully once April is finished.
    That's okay, I'll try to keep this as alive as possible. Heck come the summer I'm guessing everyone will have loads of extra time to meet.

So we'll preliminary state that we'll meet at 1.30 on Saturday morning by that Spike. From there we'll get coffee/brunch/Eddie's shakes and have a good 'ld chat, Pokéwalker link up, link battles/trades/Pokéthon games, Spin Trades, whatever, fun. Fun works.

I'll keep checking up on the posts here and post up a final reminder later in the week.

I can make it this Saturday

Heck come the summer I'm guessing everyone will have loads of extra time to meet.

Bloody students... *grumble grumble old man noises*

I should be able to make it this Saturday too, with fiancee in tow again. :D

Can we try actually be there for half one? If you're late just go straight to Eddie's and make sure to check down the back!

If we're not there... humm. Starbucks College Green?

Am in rehearsals from 2pm this Saturday, so guess that rules me out for this weekend :(

Ugh, something has come up for this Saturday so I wont be able to make it and then I have to go to a wedding the Saturday after that.

Really bummed out about this since I had a lot of fun last time. :(

Busy this Saturday I'm afraid.

2nd Poké-meetup is not very effective.

So far it's Buzzthebat, TheChrisD and moi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Sure I'll go. Bout time I met Pokémon fans that aren't TheChrisD... With TheChrisD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Can't make it Saturday, got a festival to go to.

Urizen wrote: »
    Sure I'll go. Bout time I met Pokémon fans that aren't TheChrisD... With TheChrisD.

Should I be worried about that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I was trying to work in some kind of humour... Obviously I failed.

2nd Poké-meetup is not very effective.

So far it's Buzzthebat, TheChrisD and moi.
    It's better than no one coming. Just be glad it's going ahead. My hubby is actually coming too, he's not as Pokésavvy as most but he sure is great at tracking down cheap flights for VCG (hint-hint)

So, still just the five of us for tomorrow at half one then?

So, still just the five of us for tomorrow at half one then?
    I think it's actually 3 for this week. My silly hubby forgot that he's running a Magic pre-release tomorrow. I did email my mate about this, but I've no idea is he's going to come or not.

Us that do show up can discuss our plans for VGC in secret :P

My silly hubby forgot that he's running a Magic pre-release tomorrow.

So does that explain why Nicky's selling them on eBay then...?

Ah well, there may be less people, but at least now we can all safely fit into an Eddie's booth :)

So does that explain why Nicky's selling them on eBay then...?

Ah well, there may be less people, but at least now we can all safely fit into an Eddie's booth :)
    A-yes, prerelease cards are more valuable before they go on general release :P

You know what's damn typical, I seem to start coming down with something before any of these meetups...

• Advertisement

You will come though...right??

Advertisement