Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Bottom bracket

• 11-04-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Can I use a Shimano chainset with a FSA bb or do I need to swap the bb over too? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It depends as there are _different_ FSA MegaExo bottom brackets that are not interchangable; crazy stuff really.

I run a Shimano Ultegra SL compact chainset on a FSA MegaExo BB that originally came with a FSA Gossamer crank and it works fine. As the integrated spindle Shimano cranks will run on any Shimano BB I am guessing this means you could run any Shimano crankset on that BB.

I think in general you can run Shimano cranks on the FSA BBs that came with FSA alloy cranks. Maybe not with the ones that come with the FSA carbon cranks.

CRC had Shimano BB cups very cheap recently; I think they still have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cheers, I have a fsa gos with a megaexo bb on my tri bike... Very flexy.

So I am thinking of swapping over from my road bike now race season is here. If they are compatible it's a 2 minute swap every now and then... If not I might aswell buy a new chainset.

Advertisement