Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying MC / Headliners

• 11-04-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

Just a quick one for you. I am in the middle of setting up a new comedy venue and was wondering about the costs associated with paying headliners and MC's. Now bear in mind that this will essentially be a small club with max 30 - 40 on any given night (If i promote it right). I just want to get an idea of what the going rate for someone to headline a gig or to MC, if I decide not to do it myself for the first few nights. Petrol money, E50 etc... The club is in kilkenny by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Barry Mack

ring a few acts see what they want see who ya can afford and roll with it
    there is no set amount
    when the act is local and doesnt have to travel its gona be cheaper than when they have to travel for a couple of hours
    set a budget and then do the best you can

100-150 quid used to be the minimum to do a gig outside dublin to counter balance missing out on city gigs that night
    50-100 is average for a city mc to do a gig in the city
    this can double even for gigs in the suburbs

depends what standard you wana set really

Advertisement